~The Court of Condemned - Crossmare

(Requested by Textrap)

(~ = smut)

(OH MY GOD I AM SO SORRY TO ALL OF YOU!!!)

(I've been in a bit of tech issue lately. One after another my laptop and my phone died and only recently have I gotten both back and fixed. Updates are returning and I'll let you all know about a new schedule as soon as I can.)

(Again, I am so, so, so sorry. I wasn't ignoring you, as my RP friends and requesters know. I was just unable to write and post properly.)

(I LOVE YOU ALL AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE!)

-----------

(Cross)

Gripping my jacket closer to my body I shivered in the icy winter chill. Chara, my half-brother, scooted as close to me as he could, his hands bound by chains in front of him.

Another gust of wind tore at my scarf and I whimpered. Chara leaned next to me, sharing what warmth he had.

"I'm so sorry about this, Cross," Chara said morosely as I buried my head into him.

"It's not your fault, Chara..." I said, trying to bring in some brightness as the sunset gleamed coldly in front of us, "We just got stuck on the bad side of the Draw."

"No, it is my fault. This isn't the Draw...this is my punishment," he said darkly, "All I ever wanted to do was protect you, like I promised Mom, and now look at us: two sacrifices to some stupid demon."

He sounded sad and angry, so I hugged him, "At least we're together! It won't be so bad so long as we're together."

"How are you so positive? After everything that happened?"

Shrugging, I hugged him more, "I have you. All I ever needed was you, Chara. You're the best!"

"The best..." he trailed off. I shivered again and curled up next to Chara, feeling sleepy.

"We'll be okay, Chara..." I yawned and felt Chara go stiff under me, "So long as we're together nothing bad will happen..."

"Cross, don't close your eyes..."

"Hmm?" I hummed sleepily, drifting off, my body feeling slightly warmer than before.

"Cross, don't sleep! Stay awake!"

"But...I'm so...sleepy...Chara..."

"Cross! Stay with me! Cro-"

(Chara)

Using my bound hands I tried desperately to wake him up, feeling my guilt consume me.

"Cross, wake up, please!" I shook him, feeling his body slump against me. His bones, normally having a slight buzz with magic, had gone still.

The sun had gone down and I felt tears fall from my eyes. It was only going to get colder. He needed to wake up now!

"Cross! Cross!" I cried, "Cross, please..."

This is all my fault. I did this to him. To us. I shook my head, curling around Cross to try and warm him up, feeling my ice cold chains grate against my skin.

Something snapped in the woods surrounding us and I jerked, looking around. The crunch of snow beneath heavy boots echoed against the trees, making it hard to identify where, who, or what was approaching.

Gripping Cross tightly, trying to hold him protectively, I looked around, panting. My eyes landed on three shadows approaching. I growled, my lips curling into a snarl.