Heartbreaker Bully - PaperJam/ErrInk

(Requested by Roku-MTG)

-------

(Ink)

The ladder shook underneath me and I shot a glare at my friend Reboot, who had bumped it.

"Sorry, Ink!"

"Be careful, Boots!" I shouted, "I almost screwed up!"

Shaking my head, I went back to the mural. Reboot was working on the lower section because he was afraid of heights. It was almost finished and probably the Art Club's greatest accomplishment. Leaning back slightly, I looked at what else needed to be done. My brush hovered over the area I'd just painted and I was stretching to reach another spot when the ladder wobbled again, causing a long green streak to appear on my mural.

"Reboot!" I shouted but the ladder kept wobbling and I had to grab it, feeling my soul pulse as it tipped sideways.

"REBOOT!" I called in a panic, now falling. The ladder kept me twenty feet in the air and I was falling sideways. Vaguely I heard chuckling but I was more focused on the line of paint cans beneath me. I screamed as I fell sideways, letting go of the latter in shock.

Closing my eyes, I waited for impact...only to feel arms catch me as the ladder came crashing down. Panting, I clutched my savior, shaking.

Now I know why Boots hates heights... I thought.

"Thank you," I said breathlessly, looking up at my savior. I froze and squeaked, going stiff.

Error chuckled at my reaction, smirking at me.

"Something up, Inky~?" he asked. He cocked his head, a mock-thoughtful look on his face, "Oh wait, you were just up there, weren't you?"

My voice didn't work as I stayed stiff in his arms. He chuckled and dropped me. Squeaking again I landed on my rear, still stiff as I hit the floor. I just looked up at Error, panting like a frightened mouse, swallowing.

"Aw, he didn't land in the paint?" Error's 'friend' Eraser pouted. He came over and kicked one of the buckets over, spilling purple paint on the floor.

"Hey!" I called, gaining some courage. Error gave Eraser a glare but he was grinning.

"Nah, he fell for me instead," he said, winking at me. I could feel my face heat up and looked away. Eraser chuckled.

"Heh, cool," Eraser smirked down at me and I frowned at him, getting to my feet.

"You're going to have to clean that up, you know," I told him firmly.

He glanced at the paint, "Eh, don't feel like it." He started to walk away. Error chuckled and kicked over another can.

"Hey, get back here!" I called.

"Have fun with the cleanup, Inky~!" Error called. Both of them laughed as they left.

Grumbling I turned around and my eyes went dark. Poor little Reboot was crying, a paint can having been dumped over his head. Neon pink paint streamed down his head, staining all of his clothes.

"Oh no, Reboot!" I rushed over to him, noting the five other paint cans spilled over.

Reboot sniffed, staring in the direction of Eraser and Error.

"Why do I have to like him...?" he asked himself, sniffing and rubbing his nose. I hugged him, not caring about the paint.

"It's okay, Boots," I whispered, "Let's get you cleaned up, okay?"

He nodded, hugging me with one arm as I led him to the locker rooms.

"Why are they so mean?" he said, still sniffling.