Animal Love Pt. 1/4 - Neko!Geno and Wolf!Reaper

(Geno)

Yawning slightly, I pulled my hood further on my head to hide my red-tipped ears. My tail stayed tucked in my shorts, though it was very uncomfortable. I kept my senses alert, however. My path took me through dangerous territory: the wolf sector of the city. Dog monsters, wolf monsters, werewolves, the like: they lived here in multitudes, sometimes even packs.

I hated how my 'friend' had given me instructions that took me through here. Just because I needed medicine for my issues doesn't mean I like going through the most dangerous part of town for people like me for it!

Sometimes being a Neko sucked. But there were perks: at least, they were supposed to be perks. Right now, my heightened senses were assaulted with the stench of wolf and dog. Territory markings, warning scents, general filth.

"Ugh, why are they always so smelly?" I wondered quietly to myself, passing an alley with an overwhelming scent of 'MINE'. Stupid mutts and their stupid territory issues.

I could barely complain. A lot of Nekos were territorial, but not as...possessive as these mutts. Nor as smelly.

The sound of boots put my ears on alert. I kept walking, being careful not to let whoever was behind me know I knew. Hopefully, they were just a passer-by and would leave me alone.

Then I heard the distinctive sound of snuffling and sniffing. Oh no, oh no...

If there was a wolf or dog behind me, I was as good as dead. Being so far in their territory meant I had no escape. I had to fight the urge to glance behind me as the boots grew nearer.

There was a deep chuckle and the boots vanished. Instead of easing my mind, it only put me further on edge.

I kept my trek, paying close attention to the sounds of the sleeping sector. It was nighttime and dark, but I could see just fine. My tail tried to swish and twitch, but it was confined to my shorts. Where it would stay.

No other sounds followed me but I couldn't shake the feeling of being watched. I couldn't wait to get out of this damn sector.

(Reaper)

The Neko was adorable. He smelled strong and alluring. I followed him through town, keeping others away. He would be mine, and as I padded along the rooftops, hunched and sneaking, I released scent waves to make sure everyone else knew he belonged to me.

The skeleton Neko was quite brave to go walking through wolf sector this late at night, alone. I decided I would protect him.

Following the little Neko from behind on the rooftops, I noticed a handful of shadows following him on the ground. Growling softly, I reached the nearest alley and leaped off the rooftops. A pack of dog monsters had begun to hunt my Neko.

Bigger and stronger than all of them, I stopped sending my scents out and followed them quietly. But I soon discovered they had more than I originally saw. Some dog monsters stood ahead, some on the other side of the street, and those I followed. Seeing a trap, I slid into another ally and followed from above.

No one was going to hurt my Neko. No one...

(Geno)

I smelled them before I heard them. The nasty dogs reeked of alcohol and old musk. They stepped heavily as if the ground beneath them wasn't solid. Their breathing was heavy, only sending more of the horrible stench my way.

Fighting the urge to gag I walked faster. My eyes narrowed on a group of dogs ahead of me. Knowing I couldn't turn back, I glanced to the other side of the street, looking for an escape. Another group of dogs walked alongside me. Looking forward once more, my soul pounded at seeing how close the second group was. And by the smell, the group behind me had grown near as well.