Gods are Good Dads - AfterDeath

(Geno)

I watched in amusement as Reaper chased our son Goth around the yard. Goth had stolen his cloak and ran around in it, the over-long garment trailing along behind him like a large cape. The boy giggled madly as he continuously outran his father, keeping up a fast pace while Reaper slowly ran out of stamina.

"Look at me, Mommy! I'm Daddy, the all-powerful God of Death!" Goth giggled as Reaper stumbled behind him.

"I see, sweetie!" I called to him, laughing as Reaper tripped and fell forwards. My amusement cut short when Reaper looked up, holding a hand to his face and hiding something.

"Reaper, are you alright?" I asked, getting up from the porch and walking over to my husband. He nodded, keeping his hand on his nasal cavity. Goth stopped running around, turning in concern at seeing Reaper walk towards the house.

"Daddy?" he asked, walking over. I grabbed Reaper's arm as he tried to pass me.

"Reaper, show me what's wrong," I demanded. He sighed, dropping his hand to reveal a nose-bleed. I gasped in shock and forced him into a chair, running into the house to get a rag. I turned to him, glaring, "Don't move."

(Reaper)

Sighing internally, I put my hand back on my bleeding nose as Goth approached with tears threatening to fall from his wide eye sockets.

"Daddy, are you okay?" he asked, his voice quivering.

"I'm fine, Goth," I tried to reassure him but the lack of air in my nose made me stuffy and muffled my voice a little, sort of like when I got a really bad cold. The tears started to fall. Oh no...

"I'm sorry, Daddy!" Goth cried, looking at the ground.

"No, no, no, Goth, I'm okay, really..." I pulled him towards me, hugging him with one arm. He cried into my shirt. He shook his head, crying loudly.

"You got hurt! It's my fault!" he cried. He held his face in his hands.

"It's not your fault, Goth," I said soothingly, rubbing his back gently, "I tripped. It was an accident."

"I'm sorry I stole your cloak... You wouldn't be hurt if I hadn't taken it..." he whimpered, hugging me. I hugged him back, still rubbing his back to calm him down.

"It's okay," I whispered as he buried his face in my shirt, "Plus, it looks good on you."

He looked up at me, blinking away a few remaining tears. "R-really?"

I wiped the rest away with my thumb, nodding, "Really."

A small smile tugged at his adorable face. Geno came back out with a wet rag, looking mildly upset with me. Great...

He started to wipe the blood away from my nose, "Next time you break your face, don't hide it from me."

"'Kay, babe," I said appeasingly. Geno rolled his eyes, 'accidentally' pushing the wet rag into a sensitive spot on my broken nose. "Ow! Babe..."

"That's for hiding it from me," he said stubbornly. He did it again and I winced, "and that's for scaring Goth."

"Mommy, Daddy said I look nice in his cloak! What do you think?" Goth asked, leaning on me.

"I think your father's right," Geno agreed, "Though it is very big on you. I wouldn't want you wearing it all the time. You might fall and get hurt like Daddy."

Goth's face fell slightly, a bit bummed at the prospect of taking the cloak off. It gave me an idea. I smirked and Geno looked at me suspiciously but kept cleaning my nose. He gave me a dry rag once it was clean and told me to hold it there until it stopped bleeding. I agreed, and he left.