ten

Jia Mei

"Mei, does this outfit look good on me?" Chaewon asks, looking over to her, she was wearing a skirt that stopped just at her knees and a skin tight striped shirt. I twist my lips and gave her a look of disapproval.

"I dont know, Chae." I tell her "It's going to be cold tonight, try to bundle up a bit."

She then let's out a whine "Why can't I find a nice outfit? I still have to do my makeup!"

I roll my eyes "Why does this bother you so much? It's just a hangout."

"For Soonyoung and I! You and Chan are on a date."

"Then what's the problem?"

"He... He's one of those guys I feel like I have to dress up for, like my outfit has to match his lifestyle." Her voice got smaller as she reached the end of her sentence, causing me to sigh.

"Chae, you don't have to dress up for someone you barely know. I know you think he's cute, and I'm sure he'll like you if you just dress like you, ok?"

She then nods before venturing back into my wardrobe as I continue to look at the layout of clothing options on my bed. After some time of debating with myself, I go with a simple outfit of a white baggy shirt under a cream cashmere sweater, black jeans, and white vans.

It was very simple, and even though I have much more nicer and expensive clothes, I prefer to blend into a crowd rather than stand out while decked out in expensive name brands

Once I was ready, Chaewon finally walked out of the wardrobe wearing a white turtleneck with a grey winter coat over it, high waisted jeans that stopped above her ankles, and black shoes. She then gave me a pose as she slung her purse over her shoulder.

 She then gave me a pose as she slung her purse over her shoulder

"Cute." I tell her with a smile before going back to tying my hair up in a low bun with my bangs loose. She soon joins me in front of mirror and begins doing her makeup and hair. I watch her as she focuses on doing her eyebrows while I helped her brush her hair.

"You really want to look presentable, don't you?" I ask her, gently combing through the knots in her hair.

She remains silent for a moment before nodding her head and mumbling "Yeah. To be honest, I'd rather be here enjoying my evening alone. But you don't know Chan that well either, so I'm scared of what will happen if you were alone"