twenty five

Several days later

Jia Mei

I leaned back in the  chair as I stared stared out the window, my mind still caught up on the events of what happened a few days ago despite making use of the time I still have in the house.

It's been several days and I still can't believe he's back. Why is he back?

It was so odd seeing him after two years, and he looked so different, too. His long and fluffy black hair with bangs that usually fell in front of his eyes was now always slick back hair with an undercut. His style went from comfy oversized clothes to a sophisticated suit. His sweet smile disappeared and his kind eyes were replaced with ones that looked hollow. Sure he looked more like an "adult", but he had a more ominous atmosphere to him; he looked like a carbon copy of his own father.

It's like he died and was resurrected as a different man.

The thought of him made me unconsciously open the drawer of my desk, I rummage to the bottom and pull out an old picture from high school, which were taken around the time of our two year anniversary.

I'll admit, I miss all those memories, but this is a different time now. I'm engaged now. Instead, of my original plan of getting married to Longwei, I'll marry Chan. Chan has been ever so sweet and respectful since I met him, and he really caught my attention the day we got "engaged".

I didn't even realize I was lost in thought until an alarm went off on my phone. Noticing the time, I tsk at myself for getting distracted.

Dammit, I lost track of time thinking about Chan again. I need to stop getting sidetracked and get my errands done before I head over to the office! 

I then rush to finish up writing some emails responding to interview results, internships, as well as going through the progress reports of the newest employees in the company. I know I should leaving to those to other staff, but they've been flooded with enough work as is.

Not long after, I finally wrapped up my work. Getting up to stretch my legs, I head to the bathroom to get ready when something had caught my attention, making my fists clench and my vision turn red.

Calm down, calm down.

Don't ask now, ask later at the office.

After washing up, I take it with me and place it in my purse before getting dressed and walking to the kitchen, I see Chaewon was sitting at the table, drinking water instead of coffee like she normally does.

"Mornin' Chae." I greet her good morning as she just nods at me, seeming very fishy, so I tried to see if she would tell me "Not having your usual morning cup today?"

She shakes her head "No, I'm trying to stop drinking coffee for a bit."

"No more coffee? Is there a reason why?"