twenty one

Chan

Did she really... just ask me out? Jia Mei asked ME out?

I stared at my phone in shock, surprised that she would initiate in planning a date out of the blue.

Suddenly, I felt an arm wrapping around my shoulder before pulling me into a chokehold.

"What's gotten you so spaced out, Channie?" Jeonghan teases "Is it Ms. Rose again?"

I shake my head and push him off of me "O-Of course not! Why would you ask such a thing?"

"Because your mood has changed since you officially got engaged to her this year. You went from hopelessly pining over her to becoming her fiancée." He continues to poke fun at me as he pinches my cheek and coos at me before giving a backhanded compliment "Then again, I would've never expected you to pine over someone like this, let alone someone like Jia Mei."

"What do you mean by that?" I interrogated, an obvious temper in my voice.

"Whoa, whoa. Calm down, Chan." He puts his hands up to defend himself as he laugh "I'm just saying, she didn't seem like your type. I mean I've seen you admire and go on dates with women who are more... "out there". Meanwhile Jia Mei is more... reserved, quiet, and honestly a bit plain and bori-"

"She is not boring." I raised my voice as I cut him off, surprising him with my response as I kept speaking "Just because she's professional and slightly timid, doesn't mean she's a plain and boring woman. She's actually fun to spend time with! She's also a delicate, caring, motherly, elegant and enchanting woman. Not to mention she ACTUALLY does her fucking job compared to you!" I was panting in anger by the end of my rant, and some of the other members in the room were staring at me in concern, including Jeonghan himself.

He was staring at me, speechless as he just nods as he smiles and walks away, causing Seungcheol to approach me and tap me on the shoulder, whispering "Hey, you ok? It's not like you to explode at Jeonghan like that, even when defending someone."

I grunt as I clean up the comforter and pillow before heading towards the elevator to go back to my room. Turns out after last night, as soon as I entered the lobby of the building, I sat on the couch and passed out, and when I woke up, a pillow and a comforter had been provided for me. I guess one of the members saw my condition last night and couldn't wake me up, so they just let me sleep here.

I'll be lucky if I have no drawing on my face this time.

As soon as the elevator was on my floor, I step out and make a beeline to my apartment. On the way to my room, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and stare at how messed up my hair was and untidy my clothes were- I looked like a mess.

Would Mei think about me differently if she woke up to see me like this everyday? Would we even live in the same house after we get married?

I then just shook off the thought of her, I felt really bad that I had lied to her over the phone, especially after the vivid memory of her drunk persona yesterday really... caught me off guard.

Last night...

"Mei," I grunted as I held her up, her arm over my shoulder as we were walking towards the door of her apartment "Mei, please stand up."

"No~" she whined as she tried to collapse to the floor "I wanna take a nap."

"You can do that as soon after you're in bed. We're almost to your apartment, anyway."

She then looked at me with the same puppy dog eyes, big and bright as they were magnified behind her glasses "You're not gonna stay?" she pouted her plump red lips.