thirty three

Several days later

Chan

Reading Yuuki's file response over and over again, taking her words on the paper and from our meeting into consideration. She did have a point.

Longwei knows his way around Rose Corporation, meaning if we do corner him somewhere in the building, he'll be able to find an escape route.

I do like your plan, and I admire your bravery of what you'll do for Ms. Rose. I'll let my branch see if we can possibly analyze places for where he may take you two if he falls for the bait, your members should do so as well. But remember that the lapel our lady gave you is always for desperate measures.

Good luck, Lee Chan. We'll continue to discuss this matter in the future.

Closing the file, I then go back to getting ready. Fixing up my hair, buttoning up my shirt and rolling the sleeves up to my elbows. I looked quite alright as I looked closely in the mirror, making sure there were no other flaws that could be seen before leaving our building and heading to Royal One-Seven to do some work in my office. On my way to the office, I wondered something completely irrelevant to what I should be focusing on:

Why do they refer to Lady Ari as 'my lady' or 'our lady'? I wonder what she did to earn such high and mighty praise?

Reaching the Royal One-Seven Company building, I head into the elevator up to my office. On the way up, I noticed a group of women that I've never seen before enter the elevator with me. Avoiding eye contact, I look down at my phone and pretend to look like I'm texting someone as they ogle me, which made me feel uncomfortable as I sent a text to the Diamond Clan's group chat.

Can someone explain why there's random employees running around the building today?

After a few minutes, someone responded back. It was Seungkwan.

Why? You afraid Jia Mei will get mad at you for looking at another woman?

Can't I just ask a question without relating to Mei?

Suddenly, more responses flooded in to the point where I couldn't even keep up. I then received a text from Seokmin, one that simply read:

New employees from Rose Corporation are getting a tour of the building due to our partnership. It's also in case there's an on-call emergency and someone from there needs to be sent here for work.

fyi Jia Mei and Yuuki will also be here today to overlook all the newbies.

My frown had suddenly turned up into a smile the moment I read that. I was always excited to see and spend time with Mei, it was starting to become a habit to talk to her everyday, whether it be in person or on the phone. Once I stepped out of the elevator to escape the swooning women, I headed to my office to see Mei was waiting outside the door, staring at her phone.

I stopped for a moment at examined her from head to toe. Her hair was in a ponytail with her side bangs slowly creeping down in front of her eyes, her glasses were slightly lower than usual due to her looking down, her lips were a cute strawberry pink that matched very well with her outfit. She was wearing a black turtleneck with black slacks, with a pale pink blazer layered over top with her lapel pinned on the same side as her heart, a silver watch on her wrist and she wore black short-heeled wedges.

 She was wearing a black turtleneck with black slacks, with a pale pink blazer layered over top with her lapel pinned on the same side as her heart, a silver watch on her wrist and she wore black short-heeled wedges