twenty four

Jia Mei

I stood from my desk immediately "What are you doing here?"

He shrugs, smiling "What? You're not glad to see me, my dear?"

"N-no! It's just that..." I suddenly got a bad feeling from him the second we stared into each other's eyes, the looks in his eyes wasn't the same look that was filled with love and happiness, they looked dead and empty, as if the boy I was once head over heels for had disappeared.

"It's just what, flower?" Even his tone was starting to scare me.

"It's just a surprise, is all..." my voice began to get smaller as I changed topics "So how's Chun Hua? Are you visiting with her?"

His current expression suddenly disappeared at the mention of her name, looking more digusted "Ah, don't worry about her. I'm only here for you."
He then decided to walk around my desk and closer to me as I was taking a step back each time he got closer.

"I'm glad to see you, really, but you should really go back to Chun Hua. I'm sure she misses you."

He chuckles "I highly doubt that, but I mean what I said. I'm here to see you, flower. It took a lot of fighting, but I'm glad I can see you face to face again." He then takes his hand and starts caressing my face, making me feel a little uncomfortable.

"B-but, your father-" he then interrupts me mid sentence, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me closer to him, whispering quietly to me "They don't matter anymore. What matters is that I'm here with you, and now we can finally be together after all this time of being apart."

I usually don't get scared of people I know or trust regardless of their behaviour, but right now I'm utterly terrified. I placed my left palm on his chest and attempted to push him away from me to make space between us, but he wouldn't budge. It's like I was glued in place. I don't what it was about the air of the situation, but it confirmed one thing for me:

The man in front of me right now is definitely not the same Longwei I know.

He then placed his hand over mine--which was still on his chest. I then felt my stomach drop as he ran a finger over my engagement ring. He took my hand off his chest and stared at the ring for a while, processing the ring around my finger before looking back at me, eyes full of rage and ready to even commit mass murder.

I don't know if I wanted to scream, run, vomit, or all three. I was so petrified and words were stuck in my throat. Tears started to well up in my eyes as his grip tightened around me, soon for us to be interrupted by someone who had put a hand between our faces, said hand was holding a paper bag before a whole body intervened us and someone was guarding me. Looking up, a wave of relief had washed over me as I realized it was him who saved me at the right time... he's my hero.

"Sorry I'm late, Mei Mei~" Chan apologized, but greeted me cheerfully nonetheless "I brought you breakfast!"

Moments ago...

Chan

On the way to Mei's office, I decided to grab some breakfast for the both of us, I'm not sure why but I did. Stepping out of the elevator, I'm greeted by her secretary, Im Soohyun.

"Good morning, Mr. Lee."

"Good morning Soohyun, is Mei in her office?"

"She is, but she has a visitor in with her right now."

Visitor? "Oh? Who's the visitor?"

"Her ex, Lei Longwei. He says it was important."

He's alone with her?! She might die!