twenty two

Two weeks later

Jia Mei

Today I woke up with a lot of energy, which I honestly find odd. It usually takes me a couple of hours as well as a cup of coffee to even get me awake. I know the reason for my energy though--I have a date with Chan later, and frankly I'm really excited to see him.

I even began playing music from my phone while cooking breakfast for Chaewon and I, which is something I never really do.

I was humming and nodding my head to the beat as I prepared the food, I was so lost in concentrating on making the food that I hadn't realized Chaewon was awake until I heard her speak up.

"Mei, what are you doing?"

Turning around to face her, I look down at the apron I was wearing and look around at my setup "Cooking breakfast?"

"While you're listening to that kind of music?"

"Is something wrong with that?"

"No, you just seem a whole lot different today. You usually make food in dead silence, so this is completely new for me."

"Well, maybe I just wanted to change it up a bit. You know, spices things up a little."

I then turn my attention back to the food as I went on to playing the next song while continuing to cook. I then hear her footsteps walk past me and helping herself to sit on the countertop.

"So..." She trails off "Is there a reason you're doing a complete one-eighty this morning?"

I just shrug and brush it off, still way too concentrated on the food.

"Are you sure~?" She pokes at me for a bit, trying to get the answer out of me. Rolling my eyes, I finish up cooking and plate the food before placing it down on the table, soon shooing her off the kitchen counter.

"Get your butt off of there and eat already, you have classes today, no?"'

She nods as she hops off the counter and sits down at the table with me, taking a good serving of the scrambled eggs and two pancakes along with a lot of fruit slices before digging in as if she hadn't eaten in months. I smiled, satisfied that she was enjoying my cooking.

"You've worked up quite an appetite, haven't you?" I ask, slightly teasing her as she continued to inhale her food.

She nodded frantically as she gave me a smile that resembled a child's, her food filled cheeks made her look like a happy little chipmunk; I've noticed her appetite increased a little bit, but I'm glad she's been eating more. We then began talking about our plans for the day so we know about each other's whereabouts in case.

"My class is around noon," Chaewon starts off after she swallowed down all her food "so afterwards I'll just be spending time with Soonyoungie today, we're going to go to the park and chill at his place for a movie marathon."

I pause for a second to process before nodding, trusting that she'll be safe and responsible about this relationship. I'm hoping that Soonyoung will be as well. She then shifts over the topic to me, asking about my plans.

"Well, Chan and I are going to get cheesecake this evening, I'm not sure what we're going to do after, but I guess we'll make it up as we go."

Chae then squeals as she gets up to hug me, overjoyed with my words for some very odd reason.