thirty five

Blood warning mid chapter!!

Chan

Tonight was perfect. Absolutely perfect.

I was able to spend time with Mei, she kissed me while sober, she loved my gift for her, and the best of all: she said she loved me!

I was over the moon when she whispered it to me, I just wanted to pick her up and spin her around like in movies, but sadly I couldn't because we were in a public place. It would've annoyed some of the bitter singles, so instead we spent the rest of the evening chatting and getting to know each other even more. She also taught me a bit of her family history when I brought up the painting in her family office.

"Oh, my father put that up after the company began to grow successful. It's as a tribute to his sister, my aunt, after she basically started a 'revolution', so to speak." she explained.

"She started a revolution? On what? and Why?"

"Well... Around when dad was 11 or 12, some shady men came in one night and attacked their family, and their parents died protecting them and they were left on their own to get by." She then sighs as she looks down "Auntie and dad were so heartbroken, but they had to keep going to survive as they spent their teenage years in the streets. One day, Auntie wanted revenge for the ones who murdered their parents as she found more orphans and disowned teens on the street while the government did nothing as the crime went on for years."

I frowned and made sure if she was comfortable to continue, but she insisted and went on.

"Once auntie was fed up for no one taking action against the injustice, she gathered the others who were lost in the streets and trained together to take down the crime groups, and maybe avenge their parents. That was soon the start of the family group. They now gather those who have been abandoned and teach them to survive and be strong, giving them a new start and a new home."

"Oh wow, your aunt sounds like an amazing woman. But how did she find a building to keep everyone in?"

"They all found shelter in an abandoned building and took it from there. Soon, they built up their HQ and protested until the government did something about the crime in the streets. The group that killed their parents were arrested and thrown into jail, the percentage of orphans and homeless children went down, and now this private organization has branched out to all over the world. Japan, South Korea, all of the UK, France, Canada- and many places more."

"Wow..." I was in awe at the story "She must be a praised icon."

"She is, and every child who has no place to go is directed to this organization. And regardless of is they want to join the organization or they need a place to stay, the building allows children to call it their new home. After all that, now her children are also following in her footsteps as well."

"That's so amazing. There should be more organizations like that, especially now when there's more crime in the streets."

"Right now, they're trying to start one up in the United States, but it's too risky with what's happening currently. That country needs this the most, but they're literally going to shit. I hope they'll be able to do so by the end of this year, or even before the next world war."

I nod, adding in my own opinion as we went back and forth on the topic. I got to know her more and more through conversation, it really showed me that she was more than what she displays for others and her employees. She also talked about her favourite artists and I found out we both share a love for Michael Jackson.

She truly is the most perfect woman for me.

Thirty minutes later, we decided to call it a night and I drove her back to her place. Giving me a loving kiss, she wishes me goodnight before getting out of my car and into her apartment building. Seeing her enter safely, I drive off so I can head straight home and turn in for the night. As I'm driving away, I notice a hooded figure in all black staring at the building in my rear view mirror, making me suspicious. But as I blinked, the hooded figure disappeared.