twelve

Jia Mei 

"I really enjoyed today." I comment as we walk away from Chan 's car "What about you, Chae?"

She nodded with a very wide smile on her face "Soonyoung is really fun to be around! But it looks like you had a great date with Chan." She teases as she gestures to the rilakkuma bear I've been holding in my arms the entire time. Rolling my eyes, I hide my face behind the bears head so she couldn't see that I was smiling.

"He won it for me in one of the games," I tell her "he just wanted me to have it as a keepsake."

"Oooooh Mei~" She coos at me, excited to see me happy again "Are you starting to like him?"

"No, nothing like that." I brush off "I just think it was sweet of him to do so, he also doesn't want me to feel as if our marriage is forced or loveless, so he's hoping we could be close friends."

"'Close friends'." Chae uses air quotes as she wiggles her eyebrows "It may be that  rightnow, but soon you two will be head over heels for each other!"

"Same goes for you and Soonyoung." I shot back trying to avert the topic away from Chan and I.

"Hey, that's not the same thing. He's a great person, but I've heard about his history with dating and whatnot. So I'm wary about his intentions. Even though Soonyoung isn't really much of who I'm looking for, I'll still give him a chance. Although I am looking for more of a romantic type, like Jihoon."

I give her a nod, acknowledging her caution "Ok... It's a bit of an improvement, but I'm glad you're taking my warnings seriously."

We laugh as we step into the elevator. Going up, something struck me and I had to ask her "Hey Chae?"

"Yeah?"

"How do you know that Jihoon is a romantic type?"

"Oh," she giggled and looked down at the floor, smiling as she twisted her fingers "A few weeks ago he offered to take me out to dinner. I didn't see it as anything special, so I didn't really dress up that much. But when we got to the restaurant, we were seated at a lone candlelit table on a rooftop and flower petals were scattered everywhere. And for the duration of the dinner, we had a deep conversation about our views on love and our future goals."

"Wow, sounds romantic." I felt very iffy as she told her story, not sure about Jihoon's intentions. I'm more surprised for him to be the romantic type despite his cold and harsh demeanor.

I wonder if Chan is that romantic?

"Isn't he? We went out on another date or two, and we've been getting closer since!"

"Whoa, calm down." I scold her a bit as we get to the door of our apartment "It's only been two or three dates, don't talk as if you two are going to get married. And I've said this about Soonyoung, and I'll say it again about Jihoon: be careful. Have you two done any couple related things?"

She smirks "I'm not one to kiss and tell, but..."

"Chae."

"Ok, so we shared one kiss. One kiss and that's it."

"Kissing can turn into anything."

"Don't worry so much about my love life, Mei!" She pats me on the shoulder "Focus on your own love life with Chan! I'll be careful, ok?"

"Don't try to get me off track with Chan, you're just going to get caught into a love triangle between two men from the same company. They'll be at each other's throats!"

"You're so overprotective, I can't imagine how you'll be with your first daughter." She rolls her eyes with a cheeky smile "Besides, it's not like I'm dating Soonyoung to begin with. He just keeps trying to talk to me alone when I've clearly shown that I'm not interested in him like that. And to state again: I went with Soonyoung so that you didn't feel uncomfortable being alone with Chan."