Chapter 4 - Family

~*~*~In the Celestial Realm~*~*~

"Oh dear brother it seems that our toys have met once again." Idenia said with her head propped up on her hand as she smiled smugly at Romus who gave her an annoyed glare. "I wonder how the game will go this time. What was the score last we checked?" The look of annoyance turned into a flat out glare at that as Idenia let out a laugh. "Oh that's right. My mortal has secured 14 victories to your 6." Idenia let out a laugh as she leaned back and shook her hands like a school girl to emphasize how much she was rubbing this in. "Oh don't worry dear brother, we all must accept our losses when we take them."

"Just you wait Idenia." Romus said pointing at the viewing mirror that showed their two mortals as they conversed. "Mark my words that my mortal's Strength will prove too much for the Power of yours."

"The last time you said that, my mortal killed yours." Idenia said with a grin on her face. "And that was when yours was an adult. What's this child of yours going to do against my mortal? She's already proven to be far more adept with her Power than all my other mortals combined. Face it brother, you lose once again."

"I haven't lost until my mortal lies dead on the ground." Romas said flatly.

"Oh my what mischief have my favorite niece and nephew gotten themselves into?" Said an amused voice as a pair of arms draped themselves over Romas and Idenia's shoulders. 

They both let out a start as they moved to cover the viewing mirror with their very bodies. "U-Uncle Drian- What're you doing here?" Idenia stuttered as their uncle fixed them both with a smile that made the pair of them feel very uncomfortable.

Drian was the youngest brother of the three Celestial rulers, and considered to be the most dangerous by all other celestial beings. He may not have been as powerful as the siblings' father, nor was he as strong as their uncle, but what Drian made up for in those categories with was his cunning and love for chaos. He was a wildly unpredictable being who had waged war against his two older brothers at the same time, a conflict that lasted eons just because he was bored. It was for that specific reason that he had been banished to the Nexus, a world that was connected to neither the mortal nor the celestial realm. It was a world that was said to be the reverse of the celestial plain and was supposed to be inescapable. So what then was he doing here?

"Oh come now?" Drian said hitting the siblings with those emerald green eyes feigning hurt before his gaze fell to the viewing mirror. "Don't you trust your dear uncle?"

"It's not that its just-" Idenia paused as she and Romas exchanged looks.

"Oh I get it," Drian said with a clap of his hands. "You're wondering if I brought you something from home. As it just so happens I have."

Drian waved his hands in the air a whirling of black smoke surrounding his hands for a moment before he extended his arms to them. Revealing two presents for the pair of them. "For my beautiful niece Idenia, a pin made of the finest platinum that the Nexus has to offer. It will shine so brightly that the stars themselves will scream their jealousy to you." Drian turned his gaze to Romas before he spoke. "And for my young nephew Romas. A scarf made of he reflective thread said to be of the same make as the very cosmos themselves. Peer into this weave of reflective thread and who knows what untold stories you may be made aware of in all three realms."

When neither one of the siblings moved to take their gifts Drian's friendly face grew somewhat darker and his inviting voice all the more threatening. "If you don't take these gifts that your uncle had made for you than I cannot promise how well this meeting will go for you."

With those words the siblings immediately took the gifts from their uncle's black clad hands. In the process however their uncle's hands lunged forward like two serpents striking with their fangs at their prey. Both tried to get away from him but his strength was far beyond either one of them and they could only struggle feebly as his smile returned to his face. "There now was that so hard?" He asked before he released them, and before either one could stop him he rounded the viewing mirror to look at their game that was going on. "Oh we really are related! It makes me so happy to know that my darling niece and nephew have gone behind their father's back to create a bit of chaos."