Chapter 55 - Kidnapped!

"Wow this place is dull!" Troy exclaimed as he stood on the edge of a cliff to examine the  surrounding area. He had one hand covering his eyes from the sun as though it were too bright for him, despite one of the first things he said when he got in the Underworld was how dark it was. "Truly, how do you Unders manage to live in such a dull world?"

"It has it's charms." Ruin said looking up from one of the books he'd gotten from Yeva's store. "Give it a few days and the glare from your eyes will probably fade and you can appreciate it all."

"Glare?" Isa asked from his spot near a log where he and Nim had been playing. 

"He means his time needs some time to adjust." Morgan said from her position on a small table and chair with a black leather book in hand. "It's like when you spend all day outside in the sun and then go in a dark house. Everything will look green to you for a little while until your eyes adjust."

"Oh but how can I not suffer from a glare?" Troy exclaimed as he darted over to Morgan before creating a bouquet of gorgeous flowers from nowhere. "For you put all manner of light to shame!"

Avil prepared to witness her drive him into the ground again but instead she merely took the flowers from them and gave them to Isa. The wereman took the flowers happily and began to smell them when suddenly Nim began to eat one. "Hey!" Troy exclaimed snatching the flowers from Isa. "Those are not food for you, you little lizard!"

Isa blinked and looked at Nim who returned the other boy's look. "But he likes them." Isa said questioningly.

"I don't care if he likes them or not. These were made specifically for-" Troy though stopped speaking when he saw Nim was eating them again from Isa's hand. "Okay that does it!"

Troy's hands lit up with rainbow colored fire and began to launch fireballs at Isa who was effortlessly avoiding them. Avil let out a sigh and shook his head while he continued to stir the stew he was making. This kind of thing had become kind of a regular thing since Troy had joined them a few days ago. Those two would begin quarreling over this or that and it'd usually end with Troy launching a volley of fireballs at Isa. Though he acted like it was out of malice, one only had to look at them to realize they were just playing around. 

Morgan and Ruin both had the right idea and erected barriers around them while the two of them sparred. Avil would have but he still didn't have the energy reserves to hold one strong enough for very long. So unfortunately for him he just had to hope that he'd be spared from the crossfire between them. Today however was not a lucky day, a stray fireball was flying straight at him where it hit the ground mere inches from the food he'd been making. A fairly large cloud of dust came up, dousing Avil's brown hair with bits of dirt and sand. But most importantly it got in the stew he'd been making!

"Okay that does it!" He exclaimed making them all look up at him. "I've spent nearly an hour slaving away to make sure you all get some food, and you two just went and ruined it!"

Isa and Troy both gave Avil a blank look while little Nim tilted his head at him. "What'd we do?" Isa asked in that same vacant tone of his.

"What did you-" Avil began as he spun around and pointed to the sand covered stew. "Look! You're horsing around covered the stew in dirt! Nevermind the fact that you probably just brought down every single spawn for miles right down on us, but you two have no regard for how dangerous you're goofing off can actually be!"

"Chill I'll just use some of my power to clean the stew and-"

Avil though was having none of it, as he cut off the rainbow eyes boy from finishing that sentence. "That's not the point!" He shouted before he gestured to the pair of them. "These games you two keep playing, they could bring down a whole horde of spawn down on top of us. Could we handle them, probably yes, but what about all the people and animals around us that can't fight back? Can they fight them off?"