Chapter 11 - The Trinity Gathers

~*~*~*~Gelamash the Capital of the Celestial Kingdom~*~*~*~

Iro was clapping his hands together in praise of the acrobats that had come all the way from across the world just to preform for him in his throne room. The acrobats bowed their heads and thanked him for the opportunity to perform for him to which Iro praised them on their feats. "Let it be heard that you are the finest acrobats that the Celestial realm has to offer, no one before or hence shall ever match your elegance nor your fearless grace."

"We are not worthy of such high praise my lord." Said the lead acrobat with a bowed head. "It was our honor to even appear before the Celestial king himself. That alone is all the praise we need."

"Then rejoice in knowing that you are allowed to reside here in Gelamash as my personal guests for as long as you desire."

The golden throne room was thrown into a wild mashing of praise and congratulations to the acrobats for impressing the king. It was the highest compliment to be attained her in the Celestial realm to earn your place in the golden city of Gelamash, because once there you are then to be treated and introduced to the mortals as a deity. For Iro to grant such a reward to five Celestials was absolutely unheard of and would surely be the talk of the next several decades.

But the night's festivities for Iro were brought to a screeching halt at the feeling of the back of his neck tingling. He looked up just as the sky lights that adorned the golden throne room were blotted out by an intense darkness. He got to his feet and his brother the God of Battle Kenra was at his side in an instant as the ever swelling darkness infiltrated the windows along the ceiling before spilling into the throne room. Several of the guests ran away screaming, but all of them retreated from this mass of black smoke as it landed in the middle of the throne room and began to slowly take a familiar shape.

"Happy Genesis!" Exclaimed Drian as he emerged from the smoke clad black with gold embroidery all along the hems of his clothes and a party favor in his mouth, which when blown even more of the black smoke appeared from the end of it. 

Drian, the youngest of three brothers always found himself more akin to the Infernal arts than he did with the Celestials. He was a god that to the mortals was viewed as the king of darkness and was always doing what he could to disrupt the harmony that Iro and Kenra had worked so hard to forge. So much so that he'd led a war against them that lasted for eons, and when it was all over Drian claimed that he'd done so just because he was bored. Such arrogance to think he'd be allowed to get away with such an act that cost billions of Celestial lives and left their realm scarred beyond repair. 

As punishment for his crimes Drian had been sent to the Nexus realm, a dark realm that was said to be completely separated from both the mortal and Celestial realms. It wasn't easy to open a path to it either, it took the combined efforts of all the most powerful Celestials just to open a tear large enough to send Drian through and close it behind him. How he now managed to here again after being banished to such a place was well beyond anything that Iro could've imagined.

Drian shot Iro a devilish grin as he slowly climbed the dozen and a half stairs that led to the golden throne. Kenra and Iro both braced themselves to spring into action at the slightest sign of hostility. But Drian now face to face with his brother simple opened his arms up and hugged him. Iro tensed up expecting something to happen but when nothing did he tentatively hugged Drian back.

"It's good to see you big brother." Drian said pulling away to look Iro in the eyes before he moved to do the same to Kenra who refused to let their younger brother near him. "Such hostility towards someone you haven't seen in who knows how many years."

"How did you escape the Nexus?" Kenra demanded.

"And such a lack of manners when addressing a guest." Drian said while shooting Kenra a glare before turning back to Iro. "I'm simply here to enjoy the celebration of Genesis with my dear family before I head back home. You won't deny me that peaceful request now will you dear brother?"