Chapter 50 - Inherited Legacy

~*~*~*~Chamber of the Cosmos~*~*~*~

Iro and his brothers stood by, watching as the Viewing Mirror's light began to fade, the image of the one the blades had chosen to wield their power falling to black. The three of them stood in their own way, Drian had a single hand on his hip, Kenra with his arms crossed over his chest, and Iro stood with his hand under his chin. He knew that Mortals could gain great power when they obtain possession of a Celestial Relic, he's seen it happen several times. But this was no mere Relic... Those blades, there were four blades that resided in each jewel and there were three jewels. Each one had been crafted by each of the Three Kings with the intention of housing their vast power. 

Iro knew this as did his brothers, but even he had to admit that he'd never expected wielding a single blade from his jewel would grant the wielding such an immeasurable change in power. He'd peered into that boy's life, witnessed all events to have befallen him, and how all his past experiences had crafted him into the man that he was today. It wasn't surprising to know that the blades would choose someone like him. By comparison to other Mortals of his homeland he wasn't anything special, yet he alone seemed to display the characteristics that the gem stones looked for in a wielder. 

"Well that was certainly interesting." Drian said raising the hand that wasn't on his hip. "But I can't help but feel a little bothered that he wasn't using one of mine."

Iro was about to make a remark on how childish that was when Kenra spoke up. "For once in a very long time... I find myself agreeing with you brother."

Drian jumped back in a motion of mock surprise. "Do my ears deceive me, or did you just call me brother?" Kenra shot Drian a hard glare which made the youngest of the three slither on over and give Kenra a hug. "Oh Kenra, I knew you cared."

Kenra's body visibly bristled and he flung his arms out taking a massive swipe at Drian who just as he did when they were young hurried over to Iro. Drian placed his black gloved hands on Iro's shoulder and appeared over his shoulder. "Oh dear brother, protect me from this mad beast that's broken loose of its restraints!" He said in a voice of mocking fear. 

"You want mad, I'll give you mad!" Kenra shouted but Iro raised a hand up and his younger brother ceased his actions. 

"You two... honestly I wish you would grow up." He said making Kenra bow his head in shame while Drian rolled his eyes before coming out from behind the eldest king. "But I must admit, it did feel me with a strange sense of pride to see a Relic I myself created being used in battle. It's been several eons since we've parted with those blades I'd almost forgotten how the Twin Halos looked."

"Oh yes, please to chastise the pair of us for being upset our blades weren't used and then in the same breath go on to express how happy you are that yours were." Drian said rolling his eyes. "And you call us petty."

"Wha- I- I didn't say-" Iro looked at both of his younger brothers and found himself being given an almost irritated look from the pair of them. But rather than own up to his little outburst, instead he made an attempt to change the subject. "Look, brothers, let's not bicker over who's blade is being used first. Instead let's rejoice in the fact that they've been freed of their crystal prison. We'll finally be able to see what a Mortal can do when he's been given the power of a Celestial King."

~*~*~*~*~Several Hours Later~*~*~*~

Troy was looking over himself in the mirror, turning his body this way and that as he tried to assess how the addition of the gems affected him. He stood alone in his room that sat on the highest point of his house, an attic in truth. His shirt lie on the floor at his feet while he continued to look over himself. He'd always been in average shape, never the most athletic of boys growing up so his build was on the slighter side. What muscle he did have wasn't anything beyond what general field work afforded him, but that's not what he was looking at.