Chapter 46 - Dominant Power

Avil cut through the last wave of spawn that he'd found come across in the part of town and had to take a knee. The blades in his hand, even the one of light, were both stained black all along their edges with the blood of the spawn. He was breathing hard now, and his brown hair was heavy and slick with both blood and sweat as he slowly picked himself up. He sucked in a greedy amount of air before closing his eyes as a faint glow once again began to radiate from his body. 

"Estil." He said before his body shone brightly for but a moment, the scoffs and bruises fading from his skin and his body was filled once again with energy. He let out a sigh as his breathing once again came easy to him and he wasn't sucking air into his lungs like starving animal would devour a bit of meat. "Just a little longer." He said flexing his fingers on the grips of his sabers. "Just hold out a bit longer, I'm sure those three will get here soon."

~*~*~*~On the Highest Island~*~*~*~

A bright flash shone before a massive wave of silver light erupted from the mass of spawn that had surrounded her. She watched as they all fell away into ashes, even these new stronger spawn couldn't handle too much Power all at once before they exploded. Morgan glanced around the area searching for more of them. When there was no more movement she slowly descended to the ground and let out a relieved breath. They didn't take a lot to destroy, now that she knew to overload them right away, but having to control her Power to the point of not damaging the surrounding buildings was proving to be a chore. 

"They're gone now." She called out, using her Power to increase the volume of her voice to make sure they all heard her. One my one faces began to appear from the insides of houses all of whom looked to be terrified to their wits end. Men, women, children, young, or old it didn't matter to these creatures what it was, they sought out every living thing they could and fed on it. When most of the people had emerged from their homes she began to levitate once again. "I'm going to send you to the main island alright? At least there you'll be able to get to the monument and hide there." She announced her hands beginning to glow. "Everyone hold hands, it'll be a lot easier on me if I you're all connected."

The Lavians all glanced at each other for a moment before they began to link arms with one another. When all of their hands were joined did they all begin to radiate with silver light as well, while the ground below them began to shine with Morgan's power. However before they were sent off one of them called out to her. "Thank you Avesia!"

Morgan's eyes widened at that as she traced the sound of the voice to a small girl in the arms of her mother. Her instincts told her that she should correct this, but at this point Morgan thought it was better to simply get them there. These people think that the Celestials protect them, and she hated that they were still referring to her as one. The Celestials weren't helping them, they didn't care for a place as small as this, even in the most sacred land in all of the Mortal Realm they weren't even on the same level as insects to the Celestials. All of their devotion, and they were just as likely to get stepped on by the Celestials as they were to get their help. 

But something in Morgan, something that wasn't always there was keeping her from saying these things. She hated that these people still thought it was their Kings' will that was keeping them safe. She didn't like seeing good people reduced to dependent pacifists... But Morgan wasn't going to ruin their faith. Least of all that of a child. So rather than correct the young girl she simply smiled and sent them on their way, getting them as close to the entrance to the Kings' Monument as she could. They all vanished in a flash of white light and with their disappearance she decided that it was time to get to the next island.

She'd managed to help two more since she and Ruin had split up, of those she'd probably managed to save around 3,000 people. But there were still seven more islands and if they were anywhere near as crowded with spawn as this had been she'd need to move quickly. She was just about to fly down to another when suddenly the area all around her was completely encircled with green and black flames. Her eyes quickly scanned the surrounding area and there, in the fires she saw a figure hiding within.