Chapter 35 - Three Kings

The number of people that were gathered around to look at Isa and Nim while the pair of them were eyeing up what looked to be a giant roast was actually quite impressive, if not a bit suffocating. Morgan found herself needing to shove her way through the crowd of glimmer eyed people, and much like Troy none of them had single colored hair either. She saw people with the colors red, blue, and green mixed in with their hair, but all of them had what she'd consider almost angelic faces with sharp angles and fair skin that much like their eyes seemed to shift slightly in color depending on where the light struck them.

Their garb seemed rather plain as well almost monastery-like clothes. They all looked like hand made clothes, but they were also surprisingly well crafted. Though she did notice that the only colors worn were blue, red, or green. Worn in different shades of course but only those three colors were visibly worn. She found it odd at first, and couldn't help but wonder why those three colors in particular. Perhaps it had to do with the three brothers that Troy had talked about which she knew could only have meant a certain trio.

Speaking of Troy that pest seemed to have all but disappeared when they arrived here at Auria. Not that she really cared, it'd be giving her a break from his insistent flirting and attempts at wooing her. That being said the "city" of Auria wasn't a place she knew much about, so a guide would be nice to have. Even if it meant having to put up with that odd boy's advances. Finally shouldering her way to Isa, Morgan found herself looking at something that made her blood boil.

"Get out of here you!" Shouted the shop keep waving an oddly shaped club at him. "You're kind has no place here!"

"But I said I'd pay." Isa relied avoiding a hit from the club. "What's the matter?"

All around him others started to shout their protests, and several of the men picked up the nearest objects before prodding at Isa with them. Isa was backing away a look of confusion on his face while the villagers continued to herd him away from the food he'd been looking at. Morgan's eyes flickered and before anything else could be done with those objects or clubs they all crumbled away to ashes before one of the villagers could strike him. They looked around at each other but before any words could be spoken they were suddenly lifted from the ground, their bodies wreathed in silver light to keep them in place.

"What's the meaning of this?" She demanded as Isa raced over to her. She glanced at him as he got behind her before turning her glare back on the villagers. "Do you treat all Underworlders with such disrespect?"

"No ma'am you don't understand." One villager spoke up as another to her left spoke. "That creature is unclean. He's neither man nor beast, his kind is not allowed-"

"His kind?" She snapped back walking over to the villager her hair beginning to waver like a black flame. "And here I was told that Tul'lavey was a sanctuary for all. What marks him as different?"

One of the villagers was about to speak when suddenly the light that held them up was done away with, and when Morgan turned her head she found herself looking at an elderly man in white garbs and white streaks splashed across his hair. He was leaning on an old twisted cane with symbols painted on it that looked oddly familiar to her. She blinked her eyes for a moment and saw that this man wasn't like the others, his Aether was a wavering rainbow like the rest but his was shining almost as brightly as Isa's. Who was this man?

"Honorable elder you're-" One of the villagers called out but was silenced with a mere motion of the hand.

"Who's that?" Isa asked with Nim held his head down low.

The old man walked over to Morgan his flowing beared nearly touching the ground as was his tailed hair. His legs looked like they were barely able to bare his weight and when he took a step he appeared to nearly fall over everytime. When he approached Morgan could see the valleys of wrinkles that adorned his old face, and the pale blue web of veins that lay just under his skin. His eyebrows much like his beard were unbelievably long nearly reaching down to the bottom of his jaw while almost completely hiding his eyes from view. However once he was close enough for Morgan to feel his breath she could see that he too had the glimmering eyes of the Laveians. He looked her over for a moment before drawing his attention to Isa who still hid behind her.