Chapter 28 - Trust of a Legend

Isa looked down at the tiny creature below him that couldn't have been any larger than a small house cat. It was looking up at Isa with two silver eyes, it's legs still unsteady beneath its own weight. It tried taking a step only for it to stumble and fall flat on its front letting out a light squeak, and upon hearing that sound Isa felt a strange twinge begin to become apparent to him. As if acting on a baser instinct Isa leaned down and with his face he nudged the tiny creature earning him a high pitched squeal of protest. Though that only lasted for but a moment as Isa nudged the tiny being until it was standing back on its feet. 

The tiny dragon let out an unsure sound as it's shaky legs began to move for its first step. The moment that it's foot touched down did it begin to try to take even more steps. One after the other letting out an elated squeal as it's legs grew in strength almost immediately with every step it took. But after a several steps did the dragon turn it's head, realizing that Isa was not following and came running back stumbling over it's own feet as only one that was brand new to walking would.  It looked up at Isa and titled its head to slightly to the side as if to ask why he wasn't following.

"It thinks your it's mother..." Shard's voice said making Isa and the tiny dragon look over at him. The dragon seeing Shard now for the first time hurried to hide beneath Isa letting out a soft whimper. The sound made Shard laugh to himself however as his crimson spear vanished in a red flash of light as he fell back onto a large chunk of rubble. "Oh the gods really do seem to favor you kid."

"What do you mean?" Isa asked bringing his arms around as if he were instinctively trying to protect it.

Shard though was silent for a moment longer as if he were trying to piece something together. After an uncomfortably long silence did he finally speak again but not after letting out a sigh. "Isa, how strong do you think you are? Do you think you have to potential to get even stronger? Because that infant cowering beneath you right now is now without a doubt the rarest life form in all of Primus. That is the only living dragon left in the world." Isa looked down at the tiny bundle beneath him, as Morgan's words about the dragon being killed off several years ago echoed in his head. But they were soon interrupted by Shard's voice once again. "I hope you realize how important that makes it, and you."

Shard stood up now and in an even sterner tone he added. "You need to guard that dragon with your life kid. Do you think you can handle it? Because if you can't I'll take that dragon from you and handle it's protection myself."

At that Isa again felt a whole new sensation that he wasn't even aware of. Once again he found his body being wreathed in golden light, but this time was different because it rose up and grew to a size beyond Isa's body. It grew and grew until it filled this entire cavern while Shard began to back up and look up as the light began to take on a familiar figure. Two massive wings unfolded from the sides and a large horned head raised itself up to let out a silent roar as Isa himself stood up with the infant dragon nestled safely in his arms. The light radiating from him was shining with the brilliance of all three suns of Primus, and making Shard's eyes grow wide.

"You- What exactly are you kid?"He asked as the dragon of golden light faded from view while all the wounds he'd suffered a while ago at Shard's hands had fully sealed themselves.

"He's the Source of Strength." Called another voice making the pair of them look up to see Morgan slowly descending down towards them from a massive hole in the ceiling that they'd made. Once she landed she did a double take on the bundle in Isa's arms and even her eyes grew wide at the sight of the infant. She though turned back towards Shard and set her mind back to the task. "Shard- Don't you see that this fight will go no where fast? Every time you attack him, Isa will always come back stronger until even you cannot put him down.