Chapter 17 - Zula the Cerulean

Isa was running after the pirates that they'd let get away while Morgan flew just above him. He'd tried using magic to fly as well but all he'd managed to do was to float off the ground a few inches while not being able to control his direction. That didn't bother him though, at least this way he knew for sure he could keep up with Morgan. These pirates, though, they were flying rather fast telling Isa that every one of them knew how to use magic but so far none of them picked up on the pair of them following.

Morgan told Isa to be careful once they reached their ship, because if these really were the blue serpents than their captain was as dangerous as they come. Isa nodded his head at that and wouldn't let himself be taken off guard because if Morgan was telling him that this captain was dangerous than they must be the real thing. As strong as Morgan, Isa had no problem believing it either though he couldn't help but notice that she wasn't scared. If anything Morgan just seemed curious about this captain.

Isa was too, he'd never seen a captain, he didn't even know what they were so this would be a whole new experience for him, and he couldn't deny that he was rather excited to meet this captain. But of course he'd also make sure to beat them up for causing Laro and Gemma and all the rest as much problems as they did. He didn't know what a captain was but he was sure that as long as Morgan was they they could beat it up, because there was no way that there could be something strong enough to fight the both of them.

As they ran the trees finally gave way to an open field with tall grass and a path that'd been cut just enough to form a path. The field was huge, Isa didn't know how far it ran along the trees because he couldn't even see that far, but from the trees to the ocean there must've been near five hundred paces. But at the end of the grassy plain Isa saw a great big, thing. He didn't know what it was, but it was made of wood and had huge black sheets on top of it with a snake's skull on it. There were five wooden posts all along this wooden craft and each of them had the black sheets on them but only the largest post had the sheet unfolded to reveal he snake skull. Isa looked to the front and saw a large blue serpent at the front of it, it's face forever frozen in a snarl.

"Isa, this is the real deal." Morgan said before coming to a stop and floating down to the ground while Isa skidded to a halt. "That's the Blue Serpents ship. Now listen to me, their captain isn't a pushover Isa. If we get into a fight with them you'd better expect them to put up one hell of a fight you understand me?"

"Are they really that strong?" Isa asked. He'd never heard Morgan acknowledge someone else's strength before, not even his own. This captain must be insanely strong to make her want to stop before rushing in.

"I'm not sure, all I know are the stories that I'd heard about them." Morgan said as she stared at the wooden thing that Isa now knew was called a ship. "There's an old wives tale about the Blue Serpent captain. They say that before they turned to the life of a pirate they once fought and killed the serpent Khanda who even some dragon's feared. More than that, they did this before my mother even introduced magic into the world. If this captain really is that strong than they'll be the toughest opponent for you yet Isa."

Isa looked at the ship and tilted his head at it. Was there really people out there as strong as that before magic? Whether or not it was true Isa didn't know but he'd be sure to heed Morgan's warning but then a thought crossed his mind. "Hey, aren't you going to fight too?"

"Isa," Morgan began looking at him. "If I use my magic to fight, exactly how many spawn do you think will start raining down on this place? It's safer for you to fight since they aren't really attracted to you. But if I think you can't handle it I'll help you out." Morgan paused for another moment. "Besides, you're the one who wants to help those people back there so it should be you who does this."