Chapter 56 - Last Stop

Isa was rolling around on the ground playing with Nim who was happy to be back with them all. Though they weren't separated for very long, according to Nim it'd been very scary. Isa talked to the young dragon and despite how young the dragon was, he was apparently able to communicate extremely well with Isa. Morgan knew that dragons were said to be extremely intelligent, but she had to admit that even she was amazed by how smart the little dragon actually was. 

Isa had asked him what happened and Nim chirped out the entire series of events from start to finish about everything that happened after he'd been taken. The bandits had taken him to that old fort where he'd been stuffed into a bag and thrown in the back of a wagon. The bandits were discussing who to sell him to when Gessi the mouse appeared and fought off all the men there. Nim got very animated when describing Gessi and his tail that he used as a lasso, along with the sword he used. Gessi made quick work of a large group of the bandits that were already there, but there had been a large number still hiding in the fort. 

After Gessi had time to take a breath he'd noticed Nim's smell and found him in the cart. He freed the little dragon and put a helmet on his head after learning he'd been kidnapped. Then together with Gessi leading the charge, the two of them flew up the stairs of the fort to deal with the rest. Nim said he couldn't do a lot because of how small he still was, but Gessi had fought his way to the top until he finally came upon the bandit leader. He tried to fight but according to Nim, Gessi completely dominated the fight and that's when the two of them flew out the window riding atop the leader's body.

Morgan had to admit that she was hardly expecting such a tale to come from the dragon's mouth, but after she peered into his head, she found that all of what he'd said to be completely true. Strange as it was, Morgan could hardly expect anything else. Primus was full of odd characters and many more people who were far stronger than one would think they were just by looking at them. Isa was probably the best example by far for that. He was a wereman sure, so everyone expected him to be fairly powerful in his own right. But when he was lifting enormous object up with no effort at all, people tended to give him a wide berth. 

That being said. Morgan had never heard of a Latherin Mouse becoming a warrior before, let alone one with the amount of battle scars as Gessi had. Actually he'd taken the body of that bandit and warned them not to cause trouble or he might be going after them... Could he be a bounty hunter? His actions certainly seemed to hint that he was, but that made even less sense to her than the idea of him being a warrior of the Latherin Mice! While fairly big, the Latherin Mice weren't very powerful in comparison to other creatures of the same size, nor were they a particularly aggressive. They'd always been a peaceful group, so to see one acting so different than what the books she'd read about them had described was- odd to say the least.

Then again they'd been coming across many things that they shouldn't be coming across lately. They'd just happen to stumble on Tul'lavey after all, something that most people can go their entire lives without doing. Not only that but they managed to come across someone that was chosen by something the Lavians thought was impossible to satisfy when they met Troy. They'd even found the last remaining dragon egg to be able to hatch. How that manage to get past her mother's searches she'll never know. On top of that Ruin, a spawn with a conscience--another impossibility--had joined them.

Though why all these impossible things were happening to them was something that puzzled her... Actually- now that she thought about it, they weren't happening to them so much as they were happening to Avil... The last surviving member of a beloved kingdom, and he somehow managed to avoid the spawn long enough for her to come across them and save his life. Even after undergoing the spawn's kiss he still managed to cling to life long enough for them to meet. That couldn't be just coincidence could it?