Chapter 21 - Calapris

Isa was jumping from building to building, clinging to the supports that protruded from their walls as he took in a deep breath, filling his nose and lungs with all manor of smells. But one had managed to cut through them all and he let out a exclamation of joy as that familiar scent found its way to him. He jumped from building to building again for several blocks finding that as he went further along, the smell only continued to grow stronger and stronger.

He'd crossed several dozen perhaps even hundreds of building gaps when he'd finally located that source of that heavenly aroma. Down below him he saw a small one story building, it's outside was a light sandy brown but at the front hung a sign larger than any he'd ever seen before. He let out a sigh of wonder as he dropped down to the street, instinctively landing on all fours as he looked up at the sign, his tail wagging happily in anticipation.

"T- Toooor- Tores... D- Day- Dayree?" He repeated the words that were splayed on the sign and tilted his head in curiosity. "Tores Daeyryeh." He said now feeling completely happy that he'd managed to read the sign and he walked inside.

He poked his head through the swinging half doors and instantly his nose was filled with that lovely scent again. His smile splayed upon his face Isa entered the building with the ringing of a bell that made him flinch. He spun around and seeing the bronze bell hanging above him he climbed up the wall and batted at the bell with his hand making it ring again. "I'll be right there, just have a seat at the counter please!" A woman's voice called out from the back making Isa flinch once again. He looked down and saw there was a long counter that divided the room with a row of tall circular chairs in front of it.

Isa tilted his head slightly before hopping down from the wall and climbed up into the chair and nearly let out a screech when it turned from under him. He grabbed the counter for balance and got his feet beneath himself to grip the seat before he tested it again, and much to his surprise it spun again without the legs moving. He let out an excited breath before he spun himself completely around and with a grin on his face he began to spin himself around and around so fast that everything around him looked like a blur.

"Jan there's a monkey in here!" The female voice cried, surprising Isa and throwing him off his balance. He stopped the stool from spinning by grabbing the counter, only for the world to keep on spinning. He let out a confused sound before his unbalance caused him to fall out of the chair with a screech and knocking over a number of the chairs in the process.

Hearing the panicked voices of a woman and a young boy Isa tried picking himself back up only for him to stumble forward and bash his head on the wall. He and the two in the room with him let out cries of surprise as Isa continued to try and fail to pick himself up. He was letting out hoots that were very similar to the ones that the Monkey tribe had made when they were worked up. That is until he heard someone tell him to just calm down and close his eyes, and the dizziness would pass. It wasn't a voice he recognized but Isa listened to them, closing his eyes while he was in a sitting position. He still felt as if the world were spinning but after a few moments he felt his balance returning to him.

He opened his eyes and was greeted to the sight of a woman who looked like she'd have been around Gwenyth's age when they'd met, and a young boy who couldn't have been much younger than Isa was. They were both in light blue shirts, and had aprons on, but the boy was holding a chair out in front of him while the woman had a broom above her head. He blinked at them before tilting his his head at them in confusion.

"What's wrong?" He asked scratching his head.

"It talked." The woman said looking more than a little surprised.

"I told you it was a wereman." Said the boy before slowly lowering his chair down and held up his hand. When next he spoke it was in a very slow and deliberate fashion as if he were talking to someone that didn't speak the same language. "Can you-" He said pointing at Isa. "understand," He pointed to his head and ears. "what we're-" Pointing to himself and the woman. "Saying?" He made his fingers and thumb open and close like Isa's mom did when she was making shadow puppets.