Chapter 30 - Nim'Ganyth the Last Dragon

~*~*~*~Inside Calapris~*~*~*~

Berg was waiting outside of Tyrnuk's temple, with his eyes glued to the figure of Mt. Tyravel in the distance. What was that horrible crashing sound he wondered as he continued to look at the mountain that surpassed the clouds. Everyone in the entire city felt that tremble, he wouldn't doubt if people all the way at Mare'e felt the ground shaking. All the birds of the forest between Calapris and Mt. Tyravel had exploded into the sky at the fled in the opposite direction of the mountain. After the quake Berg had felt the ground tremble once again, though this time it was from a stampede of all other animals that could not fly trying to flee the mountain.it was quite the sight to see a large dust cloud all along the brim of Calapris' ravine, but that didn't do anything to take away how frightening it had been at the time.

People fled to the temple of Tyrnuk believing that the cities ancient guardian would protect them from whatever ever was happening. Whether or not the ancient guardian played any part in the safety of all the citizens, Berg could not truly say. What he did know was that the shaking had stopped and all seemed calm. That is until that black pillar arouse in the distance, however, despite the dark feeling that Berg got from that pillar he couldn't help but feel as though it were protecting the city. The city's mayor had come to ask Berg what he thought was happening, no doubt looking to lean on his experience both as a blacksmith and...as one touched by a Dragon's soul.

Berg was no liar and he openly admitted that he had no clue what that was. But he also made it known he didn't feel as though that black pillar, whatever it was meant them harm. That was good enough for the mayor who then turned and told the citizens of Calapris that Berg thought it was okay. As much as he didn't like the mayor twisting his words like that, Berg had to admit that the mayor was right. He didn't think there was any need to fear that anything else would happen.

Of course some who truly believed that the ancient guardian Tyrnuk still watched over their city had begun to make the claim; they said that it was Tyrnuk who had unleashed her might upon a threat to the city, that's why the pillar rose to such heights because it was Tyrnuk's doing. Berg wasn't entirely sure how he felt about these people blindly placing their hope in the cities Ancient Guardian, a dragon of such size she could look even the greatest of Titans in the eye. One whose very body was said to make up the mountains that surrounded Calapris, and also one who was said to be asleep in preparation for when she was needed again.

Berg didn't believe for one second that whatever happened was the result of some ancient dragon said to sleep under the surface of the earth. He had a much more- human dragon in mind to explain that pillar of light. He furrowed his brow as he continued to gaze up at the mountain. Just what was Shard doing up there, and how could he think he'd need to use such power against those kids? He wanted to seek them out and find out for himself what was going on... but if he left than the city would truly be defenseless.

Calapris was a city with little need for armed guards as it was nigh impossible for an army to reach them. They had patrolmen and hunters, but nothing that could handle creatures such as those Spawn he's heard so much about. At least not for very long. His fist curled up tightly until his skin was making slight squeaking noises and his knuckles all cracked, he was frustrated. Those kids were fighting against Shard, the most feared man in the entire world! And he couldn't even help them or he was risking leaving the city unprotected.

Though his attention was taken instead by someone calling out. "Look someone's lying in the street!" Berg looked down to see a young man that he recognized as the delivery boy for the dairy half way across town running out of the temple.

"Jan come back!" Called a woman in a light blue shirt and apron, but her son was already reaching the collapsed figure.

"He's still breathing!" Jan called out and that was more than enough for Berg to rush out of the temple until he reached the boy and this other figure. "He's still breathing, but he looks hurt." The boy Jan said as Berg reached them before turning the boy over.