"Raindrops."

Trigger Warning: mentions of abuse and homicide.

YOUR POV

Flashbacks...

Great.

I'm lost. I can't find my way back home.

Ever since we started moving in and out to find a comfortable place, the people remained the same. I'm always the center of attention because I don't talk.

Literally.

I'm always subjected to being mute. I don't even know what to do to myself. I don't even know how to start my day if their words are too sharp to dodge.

I scuffed past the blocks, away from the previous street I came, to check more streets where it should be leading me back home.

I should probably not.

I only wanted peace but they took it too far; they're hunting me as usual.

As the day passes by and every time the clock ticks, it felt like I'm bad luck. My parents won't allow me to leave the house. One time, they isolated me to the point of suffocation (metaphorically speaking). Then the day came, our neighborhood started talking about my father about the past. They were hurting me too.

He was drunk at that time, he attempted homicide.

I never saw my mother after that incident.

He blamed me for everything and that I was the reason behind all these incidents.

He rumored about how I was raised from witchcraft, which is far from that.

I glimpse at every reflection I could see. The sliding of the glass doors left me blind from the desperate face that reflected the mirror. These reflections reminded me of the day when my stepmother cut my hair in medium length. She wanted me to change like her but I couldn't escape her grasp, so I have to. I have to do what she wants before my father would punish me.

The silence of the town roamed around everywhere. It followed me even in my footsteps. Though, it felt like home since I'm used to my own silence.

I slip my fingers through my pockets to conceal it with warmth. The skies are starting to get dull and the breeze is becoming cold so I walked across the buildings, houses, and stores before entering a bookstore from a foot away.

The tears of the clouds are pouring down constantly. I lowered my cap as I step out of my current position before zooming out through the nearest shade I could stay. But since I'm already in the middle of the road, away from the stores' porch, I had no other way but to stay under a shade.

am now sitting in front of a four-story house, desperately crying for help.

❇️ ❇ ️❇️

I snuggled under my cardigan, curving myself in a ball in an attempt for warmth. But if it wasn't for the angry gods, punishing me with whatever I've done to my life, I wouldn't be miserable in the first place. I'm probably in the bookstore by now, searching for good passages while sipping my hot chocolate.

Well, I guess I have to wait 'till tomorrow.

I grasp through my shoulder bag to search for valuable things. Good thing my phone is in there but what can I say? It's a very lucky day.

It's drained.

I forgot my money from my piggy bank and I had no idea how to survive.

It's useless!