"How Deep Is Your Love."

Prom.

The most awaited occasion of the school year.

You fidgeted your fingers when you felt the awkward ambiance between you and your seatmate, Finn. You've been eating your brownie lately so you stopped yourself when your jaw wanted a break.

Everyone is busy with their partners. They're all dancing on the platform, totally treasuring the moment they have. Unfortunately, no one had the guts to ask you out so you stayed on your seat silently with Finn. Since the people from your table left just a couple of seconds ago, you both awkwardly watched the crowd swaying.

"So, I guess it's just the two of us now."

You look in his direction, flashing an awkward smile before gazing back at the crowd.

Finn is your classmate in every single period. He could be your seatmate or someone at the back or in front of you. Whenever he is talking to you, you constantly feel this strange connection and butterflies in the pit of your stomach. Surely, you had a crush on him since sixth grade and you played it cool—you acted like a professional actress who only did was to hide her feelings from someone she loves.

You know to yourself he doesn't like you back even though your classmates are teasing you both since your feelings for each other are pretty obvious. Finn could be the most attractive person in class but he's not like every boy you met. He's quiet and shy, just like you.

That's why everyone ships you and Finn. You mirror each other's traits and that makes everyone realize the cute connection between you and him.

You bit your bottom lip and waited for your best friend to approach you. But just as you saw her familiar hairstyle and dress from the crowd, you sighed and stayed on your seat instead.

Again.

"C'mon. It's not that difficult."

You furrowed your eyebrows and faced Finn upon hearing his voice. "What was that?"

The flushed teen widened his eyes then gulped, "Umm...I just want to...ask you...for a dance. D-do you want to?" Finn pursed his lips, giving you time to think about it.

Why would you reject it, anyway? It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Of course, you replied with a nod and a smile from ear to ear.

"Sure!" you giggled.

Finn stood up, helping you out. You both scuffed in the middle of the crowd where a small distance is keeping you both away from the other students. The song changed in cue and as you hear the instrumental opening of your favorite song, you gasp, widening your eyes.

I know your eyes in the morning sun

I feel you touch me in the pouring rain

And the moment that you wander far from me

I wanna feel you in my arms again

"Oh my gosh, my favorite song!" you said, laughing along with Finn.

As the song escalates to the chorus, both of you calmed yourselves down. You laid your arms on his shoulders and Finn slowly slides his hands on your waist. You swayed along with the others while avoiding eye contact. The silence uplifted in your atmosphere shortly after you danced slowly. You feel his body tense up which made your heart race ten times more than what you did in PE class. You look up at him and smiled. He smiled back, copying your flushed face.

"I never thought prom would be this great when you're here with me," you widened your eyes, realizing what that actually meant.

You brushed a gaze off of him and sighed. Finn inaudibly gulped then said, "Yeah, me too."

How deep is your love,

I really mean to learn

'Cause we're living in a world of fools

Breaking us down

When they all should let us be

We belong to you and me

As you both sway slowly, your eyes were glued to each other. You shared the same flushed faces and smiles whenever the song makes it more dreamy and romantic. You bit your bottom lip, tensing up. When Finn couldn't take it anymore, he leans in, closing the small gap between the both of you. You did the same too while closing your eyes, and when the song finally enveloped your moment, a flash of light appeared from above.

You abruptly pulled away from the short kiss. You can finally witness the blemishes on his cheeks. The crowd is already encircling you who are now filming your cute moment in the middle of the event.

"Best couple's night goes to..."

"Finn Wolfhard and (Y/n) (L/n)!"

When one of your classmates announced your names, your best friend appeared from your perspective only to escort you to the stage. You and Finn looked at each other incognizant; nevertheless, you reached the stage where the prize is held. Your student body president gave you and Finn a sash. Everyone squealed and screamed, making you flustered. You giggled with Finn and that was the most memorable prom night ever.