"Stars."

"Hey," a dark curly-haired gorgeous runs his fingers through his hair, approaching me with the same bored look on his face.

Since I'm new to this town for like a couple of weeks now, I didn't even know people loved inviting others around for a party. My neighbor threw a party for everyone who wanted to join. I don't even know why I'm here in the first place. All I can say is I love their food and their place.

"By the way, I'm sorry for the mess earlier. I partied so hard, I didn't even know my cup went that far." we both laughed, remembering how our bodies were tossed from the other side then to an unexpected crash.

"It's okay," I chuckled. Finn plopped down beside me then did the same. He smiled then had a short glimpse at his red sweater that I am currently wearing. He had to offer his extra sweater because of the mess he did. At least I don't reek in that weird punch when I wore this. I was stuck inside the fragrance of his male cologne. I smell nice.

"Your sweater smells nice." I smiled. His cheeks had pink blemishes under the shining moonlight. Nevertheless, he looked cute.

"Are you here to escape from those mad drunkards too?"

"You can say it that way," he chuckled. "I was looking for you."

As soon as his face lits up, I didn't even know mine would do the same. Finn sat down beside me, looking up to see the night sky winking at us. I glimpse back at the stars then back to his freckles to change my view of constellations.

My fingers wanted to connect them, one by one, just to form a big dipper, a heart, or a smiley face.

"Is there dirt on my face?" he cuts off. 

I pursed my lips, scratching the back of my neck, and pretended it didn't happen. "N-nothing." I paused.

Oh, goodness. I didn't sign up to live only to witness a gorgeous specimen.

Finn breaks the eye contact between us. He tilts his head to the side, flashing a lopsided smile.

You, by the light, is the greatest find.

"It seemed like everyone already has a partner."

I sheepishly laughed. "Suddenly, it's prom."

He stood up, offering a hand. "Can I have your permission to dance?" he winked.

"Sure, my prince charming." I giggled, playing along.

"Well, I dragged you to this party in the first place so you can divert yourself from your family problems."

"You knew?" he nods, "Yeah. I saw you crying by your window."

Finn was actually the son of my mom's friend. We barely even know each other so we both ended up introducing ourselves when our moms told us to do so. I wouldn't blame my mom for that. She wanted to see her best friend for years but she was too far for Mrs. Wolfhard to reach. We had to move in instead.

"Oh, wow. I didn't even know you'd care."

Finn pulls me from my seat to join his atmosphere. I laid my both hands on top of his shoulders as he slides his hands on my waist.

And I'm in love. And I'm terrified. For the first time, in my last time in my only life.

"I love this song," I snickered. 

"Yeah, it's beautiful."

As we sway our body to the melody, I didn't dare to look up to see his features. I only stood there frozen and flustered from his sudden action.