"Hiccups."

hiccup

"Oh, C'mo—"

hiccup

"Why does life have to be so unfai—"

hiccup

"Finn! Get that water bottle please!"

hiccup

Finn snatched the water bottle from the tv table then went back to his seat beside me. It's supposed to be a peaceful movie marathon but then out of nowhere, my hiccups surprised me. I abruptly took the water bottle from his grasp and chug a lot of liquid just to kill off the hiccups. But no, I proved myself wrong (even Finn).

"It's not happeni—"

hiccup

"Argh!" I kicked the blanket off of me. Finn gave me a look but I rolled my eyes irritatingly since the hiccups are already getting on my nerves. With a heavy heave, another hiccup interrupted me so I crossed my arms above my chest and pouted.

"I'm not going to talk anymo—"

hiccup

I groaned.

"Maybe you need two more water bottles?" he said I gave him a death glare then went back staring at the tv screen for a minute or two. Finn took the blanket from the floor then spread it on my legs and his. He snuggled underneath, leaving a small space between us.

Finn and I are having this friendly movie marathon. Yes, we're best friends but I would say there's nothing going between us. Our friends love to ship us two since they saw this spark that we couldn't even see.

These love experts. Pfft.

"Is there any other way to stop these hiccu—"

hiccup

"Surprises? My mom once said if you scare the person who's having hiccups it'll go away."

"Seriously, Finn?" I giggled at how cute he was when he said that. "I can't believe you still believe that." I snorted.

"Then let's try and see if it'll work."

"How? Pretend you're Freddy Krueger, Pennywise, or some kind of a psycho—"

"W-what was that for?!" I shouted on top of my lungs, flailing my arms. My eyes were about to pop out when he started laughing frantically. He had these pink blemishes on his cheeks and my face is already heating up.

"At least your hiccups disappeared," he continued laughing like there's tomorrow.

"Finn! You freaking gave me a heart attack," I said, only to test if the hiccups really disappeared. Surprisingly, it did and that was when Finn pecked my lips.

"Thought there was a leaf on my lip or something."

"You could've asked if you needed more."

"Omg. I didn't mean that," I said cupping my cheeks. Finn laughed again, my face continued heating up.

"I'm out of here," I hopped out of my seat and started to head upstairs when he actually pulled me out of a sudden. I was greeted by his dark brown eyes and his pink cheeks. Finn lifted my chin with his finger. I didn't gaze up to look at his eyes. I broke our eye contact easily but he tried diverting my attention to his face.

Unfortunately, I gave up.

"You said you want more, right?"

"What? That's not what I meant..." I widened my eyes.

Finn playfully rolled his eyes and then he gave in. He softly planted a kiss on my lips, a little passionate this time.

"I love you."

I smiled and replied, "I love you too," before pecking his lips again.