Chapter 2

“When do I start?" I asked

“Come by my office tomorrow to sign some paperwork. To introduce you to the world, you’ll be the opening act on a certain band’s North American tour,” he said. When he said the word tour, my heart skipped a beat. I was going on tour.

“Really? Can my friend come? She’ll wreck our apartment if she’s left alone,” I said somewhat truthfully, knowing if he said no, she’d be mad and wreck the apartment.

“I suppose so,” he said.

“Oh, what band is it I’ll be opening for?” I asked.

“I’ll tell you after you get to sound check, I wouldn’t want you to freak out and tell everyone,” he said, which made me suspicious.

“Okay, I’ll come by your office tomorrow,” I said.

“Okay. Good bye,” he said as he hung up.

I better go tell Kylie, I thought. She’ll freak out.

I walked downstairs into our apartment, ran into her room, and, after I saw that she was asleep, jumped on her bed and screamed.

“Wake up! I need to tell you something right now!” I screamed.

“Ahhh!” she yelled back as she jumped up out of bed. “What is so important you had to wake me up?”

“I called the guy, and he told me I’m going on tour with some band!” I told her, knowing there would be lots of questions that followed.

“Omg! What band? What’s the guy’s name? Do I know him? Do you know him? When’s the tour? Can I come? Are you engaged to Louis?” she asked.

“I don’t know the name of the band, he wouldn’t tell me. I don’t remember the guy’s name, nor do I know him. You might know him, but, again, I don’t remember his name, so I can’t figure out if he knows you. I’m going to his office tomorrow to sign paperwork, so I’ll find out the dates tomorrow. Yes, you can come on tour with me, and no, Kylie, I’m not engaged to Louis, I don’t even know him” I assured her.

“Okay. I’m going back to sleep. Have fun tomorrow,” she said rolling over.

“Okay, will do,” I said.

I walked into my room, changed into night clothes, and went to sleep. I’ve got a big day tomorrow, I thought.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After I woke up, I realized that what happened yesterday wasn’t just a dream. I got ready and told Kylie I was leaving.

“Kylie! I’m leaving!” I said.

“Okay! Bye!” she yelled.

I grabbed my purse, my keys, and an umbrella, and walked outside. It was another rainy day in London. I walked over to my car, started it up, and pulled out of the parking, lot. Every store I went past had One Direction flyers pasted all over the windows. It’s ridiculous, I thought. Once I got to Simon’s office I walked in, and headed to the receptionist.

“Excuse me,” I said politely. “I’m looking for Simon Cowell’s office. I’m Madison Hughes, he’s expecting me.”

“Through the doors. It’s the first door on your left,” he said in an American accent.

“Thanks,” I said. I walked to the doors. I can still say no, I thought. It’s not too late. I knocked on the door, and then walked in.

“Hello, Madi,” he said. “Please, sit down.”

I sat down in the chair by his desk.

“So, if you’ll sign here, here, and here, we should be ready to go,” he said, handing me a paper and pointing to three flagged spaces. I signed where he said to and waited for further instructions.

“So, what band am I opening for?” I asked, hoping for an answer.

“You’ll find out when you get to sound check, which is at three, and it’s,” he said, looking down at his watch. “Two. You have an hour to get to this address,” he added, handing me a piece of paper with an address on it.

“An hour! Thank you so much Simon! I need to go,” I said, rushing out of the room.

I ran out of the building, straight to my car. I drove to the place sound check was, and jumped out of my car. I ran into the building straight to the stage.

“I’m so sorry if I’m late!” I screamed, running onto the stage. “Wait, who are you?”

“Are you,” the curly haired one started, looking down onto a sheet of paper. “Madison Hughes?”

“Yes I am. Are you the band I’m opening for?” I asked. I have to admit. They were kind of cute.

“Yes,” the blonde one said in an Irish accent. “So, I guess we’ll be sharing the tour bus for the next three months. It says here that you’re bringing a friend. Is she cute, like you?”

I blushed at that comment.

“Yeah. Her name’s Kylie. By the way, thanks for the complement,” I said. He blushed. “Anyway, you know my name, but I don’t know yours.”

“I’m Harry,” the curly haired one said. “And this is Niall, Zayn, Liam, and Louis.”

“Your names sound familiar. What’s the name of your band?” I asked. I could have never guessed what they would say.

“Oh, sorry,” Harry said. “We’re One Direction.”