Chapter 3

These are the songs Madison picks to sing in the story. “Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson (“written” by Madison Hughes), “Louder” by Charice, “Rumor Has It” by Adele, “Call Me Maybe” by Carly Rae Jepson, and the duet mentioned is “Hate That I Love You” by Rihanna and Ne-Yo.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“We’re One Direction.”

My mouth gaped open.

“You’re One Direction?” I questioned. I couldn’t believe what they just said.

“Yes. Why, are you a fan?” Harry asked with a huge grin plastered to his face.

“No, the exact opposite, actually,” I said. “I need to go.”

“We have to do sound check,” Louis informed me.

“Sorry, but I have to go right now!” I yelled making them jump.

I ran out of the building and jumped into my car. I sped over to Simon’s office and walked through the doors again.

“I can’t go on tour with One Direction!” I screamed at him.

“You signed the contract, you have to,” he said calmly. I just yelled at him, why does he still want me, and why is he so calm? I thought.

“Isn’t there anything I can do? I hate them,” I said.

“Why do you hate them?” he asked.

“No reason,” I said, not wanting to tell a stranger about my awful family.

“Okay, it’s settled then. Here are the tour dates,” he said, handing me a piece of paper. There have to be over fifty dates on here, I thought in amazement.

“Fine. My friend can still come, right?” I asked, knowing she’d be jealous of me if she found out, which she would, considering there was a concert at the end of the tour in London. I’d also need someone to hang with since I couldn’t hang out with One Direction.

“Yes. Goodbye. You have to load the bus by eight and sound check is at nine. The concert is at six o’ clock at night. Until then you can hang out with the boys, since you’ll be spending so much time with them,” he said.

“Fine, I better go pack,” I said sadly.

I walked slowly out of the building and trudged over to my car. This is going to be the longest three months of my life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Kylie! I’m back!” I screamed. I heard metal clang against the floor and ran into the kitchen. “What’s wrong?”

“You should be proud. It wasn’t the toaster this time. It was just a bowl,” she said, picking the bowl up.

“Quit cooking and start packing,” I said. “We’re going on tour.”

“With who? Are they cute? Do I know them?” she asked.

“I’m not answering any of those questions until we load the bus tomorrow. I don’t want you to know, it’s a surprise,” I said, wanting to be able to hear tonight.

“Fine, let’s go pack,” she said, running towards her room. Can’t wait for tomorrow. Three months of being stuck on tour with One Direction and Kylie. Yay! I thought.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Wake up Madi! We have to leave!” Kylie screamed.