Chapter 15

This chapter is dedicated to @HelloFreaks because they won last week’s contest. The lyrics were “Tap on my window, knock on my door, I want to make you feel beautiful” from Maroon 5’s song She Will Be Loved. Also, this chapter was co-written by my wonderful sister, @Gryffindor_Love, and one sentence was written by @Ashleigh_g1297.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Anne!”

“What?” she screamed.

“Finally. I was afraid I was gonna have to take you to the hospital again.”

“What? I was sleeping.”

“No. You passed out when I told you I was dating Harry.” Anne started turning blue. “Anne. I swear if you pass out again I’m going to hurt you.”

“Fine, I won’t pass out. Anyway, how long was I out for?”

“Two hours.”

“And you didn’t take me to the hospital? What if I had been dead? What if something was seriously wrong with me?” Anne was now hyperventilating.

“Anne!” She stopped talking and looked at me. “Stop. You’re hyperventilating. I didn’t take you to the hospital because I didn’t think you needed to go. Also, I didn’t think the nurses would want to see you again so soon.”

“What! People love me, and they have no reason not to. Hey! Don’t walk away from me. I am talking to you!” Halfway through her rant I had walked into my bedroom and started packing my bags. I had the tickets, had gone through Anne’s phone (With permission, of course. Hehe), and found someone to take care of her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had just arrived at the airport and had walked through the line for the luggage check, when I saw Mason. I quickly grabbed Anne and ran, in Anne’s case hobbled, onto the plane. I fell asleep very quickly on the ride to New York.

“Wake up!” a guy said.

“What?” I said groggily. I sat up and looked at the guy. “Mason” I screeched.

“Anne why didn’t you-”I said, stopping myself to look around for her. Anne was on the other side of the isle, trying to flirt with some random boy. I turned back around just as I heard him ask for her number and I looked at Mason.

“What’s your number?” Mason asked.

“1-800-Leave-Me-Alone!” I screamed in reply. Mason typed it into his phone.

“It doesn’t work,” he said sadly.

“Wow you’re stupid,” I muttered.

“Seriously what’s your number?” he asked, leaning in for a kiss, but I slapped him instead.

“I told you I have a boyfriend!” I screamed. People were starting to look at us. Apparently the plane had just landed.

“Yeah right. I don’t trust you.” I walked out, with Anne, her new “friend,” and Mason following me. I stopped and turned around to look at Mason again.

“Okay, this has gone on long enough.” I took my phone out of my purse, and started scrolling through my contacts list. Then I pretended to call someone. Mason was staring at me weirdly and drooling. I pretended to listen to someone on the phone and then spoke.

“Hi, I’d like to get a restraining order against someone.” When he heard the word “restraining,” Mason quickly wiped the drool off his chin and looked up at me alarmed. I waited a few seconds before starting to talk again. “Yes. I need one against Mason Schultz.” After that Mason started running away. I laughed and shut the phone. I looked over at Anne and saw she was still flirting with that guy. She was gazing at him and twirling a piece of her hair between her fingers. I rolled my eyes and walked over to her. “Hi, Anne, we need to go.”

“Oh my goodness. You’re Madison Hughes. How do you know Anne?” Anne’s “friend” said.

“She’s my neighbor’s dog’s friend’s husband’s second cousin. Anyway, Anne, we need to go.” I replied.

“Okay. Bye Derek. I’ll call you soon.” I grabbed our suitcases and walked outside to find a cab.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are this week’s lyrics: “Mamma told me not to waste my life, she said spread your wings my little butterfly.” Remember, if you are the first person to comment the correct song, the next chapter of my book will be dedicated to you.