Chapter 5

We finally boarded the plane. Since there were seven of us, one person had to sit alone. I decided to sit alone, which was a big mistake. I’ve sat next to some weirdoes on planes, but I’d rather sit next to someone who drools than who I actually sat next to. I sat right down next to a fan, but not next to just any fan. I had to get stuck next to my sister.

“Omg! You’re Madison Hughes!” she said.

“Yes,” I replied. “How’d you know who I was?”

“You’re going on tour with One Direction” she said.

“Oh, yeah. Well, you know who I am, but I don’t know who you are,” I lied.

“Oh, I’m Anne Smith. Wait. Is One Direction on this plane?” she asked.

“Yes,” I said.

“Omg! Can I meet them?” she asked. I knew she was a fan, so I couldn’t say no.

“Sure. Once we land I’ll let you meet them,” I said, hoping she’d be quiet.

“You look familiar. Do I know you?” she said. Great, I thought.

“No, how would you know me, I live in London,” I said.

“You look like my older sister,” she said. Maybe I should tell her, I thought. But then she’d tell the whole world, including my brother.

“Anyway, Anne, where are you going?” I asked, even though I knew the answer.

“I’m going to visit my parents. I was on vacation in London, but I live in New York, and I decided to visit them. They live in California so I visit them twice a year,” she said.

“Cool, I’m going to sleep. Will you wake me up when we land?” I asked.

“Sure,” she said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Madison, we’re here,” Anne said.

“Ok, thanks for waking me up,” I said. “So, once we get off of the plane I’ll find the boys and we can go get lunch, okay?”

“Okay. I can’t believe I’m going to meet One Direction!” she said loudly.

“My best friend who’s touring with us, passed out the first time she saw them,” I said, talking to her like she didn’t hate me.

“Omg! That’s so funny. My sister would love to meet you. You’re so alike. I miss her, and my brother,” she said.

“You have a brother?” I asked.

“Yes. I hated my sister, and so did my brother. He used to beat her, but one day she ran away. After that I realized I missed her. So, when I turned eighteen, and I graduated, I moved away from my parents and never spoke to my brother again. I hate him,” she said.

“Do you want to spend the night at our beach house?” I asked before I thought.

“Omg! Of course,” she said. Maybe I should tell her, I thought.

“There are the guys,” I said, waving at them.

We walked over to them and they looked at Anne.

“Hey guys, this is Anne Smith,” I said as I walked over to Kylie. “Kylie, can I talk to you for a second?”

“Sure,” she said as we walked away from the others.

“That’s my sister over there,” I started.

“Let me at her!” she screamed stomping towards Anne. I grabbed on her arm and pulled her back.

“Kylie, she’s changed a lot. She doesn’t hang out with my brother and she’s really nice now,” I said.

“Oh,” she whispered.

“I invited her to spend the night at the beach house with us tonight,” I said.

“You what?” she screamed.

“I’m going to tell her the truth, about who I am,” I said, trying to convince myself.

“Really?” she asked, wide-eyed.

“I think so. She’s changed, and I do kind of miss what we had before One Direction came along,” I said truthfully.

“Okay, it’s your life,” she said.

“Okay, let’s get going. I’m starving,” I said.

“Okay,” she said. We walked back over to the others.

“Hey, so you’ve met Anne. She’s going to eat lunch with us and then spend the night at the beach house. Okay?” I said. They all agreed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After lunch we drove to the beach house. There wasn’t enough room, so Sabrina had to sit on Louis lap while Harry drove. There were eight rooms, so we each had our own room. It also had a private beach, a kitchen, four bathrooms, a gym, a pool, a hot tub, a balcony, and a living room. After we unpacked we decided to watch a movie.

“What movie are we watching?” I asked. I had just finished making popcorn.

“Toy story,” Liam said.

“Oh, okay,” I said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“WHY AREN’T THERE CARROTS IN THIS MOVIE?”

“Louis, if they wanted carrots to be in the movie, then there would be carrots in the movie. Please be quiet and let us finish the movie,” I said.

Pretty much everyone was asleep. Louis woke everyone except Zayn up, who, apparently, was a heavy sleeper. Everyone went to their rooms except for Anne and me.

“Anne, can I talk to you about something?” I asked, hoping she would say no.

“Sure,” she said, walking out onto the patio.

“I need to tell you something,” I started, following her.

“Okay,” she said.

“My name isn’t Madison Hughes. It’s Addison Smith. I’m your sister.”