Chapter 9

I quickly took a picture and ran back to the bus. I wasn’t sure of whether I should show Kylie the picture or not. Sure, I was her best friend and best friends don’t keep secrets from each other, but they also look out for each other. If I told her, she’d be hurt. Although, if I didn’t tell her and she found out I knew she’d be hurt then, too. Zayn was her boyfriend, though. She deserved to know if he was cheating on her. I walked onto the bus, grabbed Kylie who was talking to Ashleigh in the living room, and pulled her into our room.

“What?” she asked. She knew something was wrong.

“You’ll never guess what I saw happen in the park,” I said, waiting for her to reply.

“What?” she questioned. I pulled out my phone and got the picture up, but I didn’t let her see it yet.

“I thought you should know, I’m so sorry,” I said, showing her the picture.

“What?” she sobbed. She busted out in tears and Ashleigh came to see what was wrong.

“What’s wrong?” Ashleigh asked walking over to Kylie. I showed her the picture and she nodded. Right then I heard the bus door open.

“Kylie, stay right there, okay?” I said, walking to the living room. “Hi boys,” I said. I walked over to Zayn, grabbed his arm, and walked into the kitchen, out of earshot of the boys. “Care to explain this?” I asked, showing him the picture on my phone.

“She was a fan,” he said.

“That’s the worst excuse I’ve ever heard,” I said, shaking my head at him.

“I know. Have you told Kylie yet?” he asked sadly.

“Yes. She’s in the bedroom bawling her eyes out because of you. This is exactly what her last boyfriend did to her. They dated for a month then out of the blue he kissed some random girl in a park. I happened to be walking while Kylie was supposed to be on a date with him. She swore she’d never love again because of it and now that she’s finally learned to trust again you do this to her,” I said. “I would leave her alone. She’s stubborn. She’ll never forgive you for this.”

“I had no idea,” he said.

“Yeah, whatever. I wouldn’t be surprised if she decided to go home because of this,” I said, walking back into the bedroom.

“What’d you say to him?” Kylie said, sniffling. Her eyes were red from crying and she was standing next to Ashleigh.

“I asked him to explain the picture and he said she was a fan. Then I told him that that was the worst excuse I’d ever heard and to leave you alone because you’ll never forgive him for what he did,” I said. Kylie nodded, agreeing with what I told him.

“Thanks, Madison,” she said, hugging me.

“I also told him I wouldn’t be surprised if you wanted to go home because of this,” I said.

“No way. I may hate him, but I’m not going home. I’ll be lonely and I still like One Direction. Besides, I’d never leave my best friend alone,” she said, drying her eyes.

“Okay. Let’s just forget this ever happened, okay?” I asked. She nodded. “Let’s go see what they’re up to.” We walked into the living room. Apparently Zayn had left after I talked to him, so we sat down and watched Toy Story. Liam insisted on watching it, even though he was the only one who liked it. I hated it because it was stupid and it was my sister’s favorite movie. Sure, we had made up, but I still hate anything from that period of my life. “Do we have to watch this?” I groaned.

“Yes!” Liam screamed.

“I hate this movie, though,” I said, earning a gasp from Liam.

“How can you hate Toy Story?” he asked.

“It was my sister’s favorite movie, and she hated me,” I said, forgetting they didn’t know about my past.

“You have a sister?” Niall questioned.

“One that hates you?” Liam added.

“Yeah,” I said sheepishly.

“How come we didn’t hear about this before,” Harry asked accusingly.

“I didn’t think it was important. I didn’t like you guys and was less than thrilled to be going on tour with you for three months. So excuse me for not wanting to tell five strangers about my horrible past,” I said quietly. Harry sat down next to me.

“You know you can tell me anything,” he whispered. I stood up, motioned for Harry to follow me, and walked into the bedroom. I sat down on my bed and he sat down next to me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I told him about everything. From hating One Direction to my brother beating me. We were dating, and there can’t be secrets in relationships. “So Anne, from the beach house is your sister?” he asked.

“Yeah, and my name isn’t Madison Hughes. It’s Addison Smith.”