Chapter 16

So I decided that, since Take Me Home is officially coming out Tuesday, I would post another chapter.

Also, this chapter is dedicated to @Iluvyofaces because they won last week’s contest. The lyrics were “Mamma told me not to waste my life, she said spread your wings my little butterfly” from Little Mix’s song “Wings.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Anne! Where’s my hair brush?” I screamed.

“I might have accidentally thrown it down the trash chute this morning.” she replied.

“You what?”

“I called the front desk, though, and they’re sending it back up. You’re welcome.”

“But it will be covered in garbage.”

“No, the trash chute was empty.”

“Oh, whatever. Hurry up. I gotta get you home and then catch my flight. If I miss it Simon will kill me.”

“I totally forgot you know Simon Cowell. Can I meet him?” she asked with a hopeful gleam in her eyes.

“Maybe sometime, but we gotta go now.”

“I’m coming.” We grabbed our stuff, checked out, and caught a taxi.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The taxi ride had been quiet, until Anne decided to listen to music on her iPod and sing loudly.

“Anne! Be quiet!” I yelled, grabbing some peanuts and throwing them at her face. “Shut your pie hole, Anne!” She took out her headphones and yelled at me for throwing peanuts.

“What?”

“Oh my gosh. You were singing loudly. So stop!”

“Fine.” She put her headphones back in, but didn’t sing again.

“Okay, we’re here. Pay me and get out,” the cab driver said.

“You’re so nice,” I said sarcastically. I handed the driver some money and yanked the headphones out of my sister’s ears.

“Hey! What’d you do that for?”

“We’re here.”

“Oh, okay.” We got out, grabbed our suitcases, and walked into the lobby of Anne’s apartment building. It was actually quite nice. We walked into the elevator and Anne hit the 12 button. The elevator stopped on several floors to pick up random people. Everyone who got on was wearing something business-like. I felt so out of place, as I was wearing plain jeans, sneakers, and an owl sweater with a jacket. We finally arrived on our floor and stepped out. Anne walked to a door, pulled out a key, and unlocked the door. We then stepped in.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Anne! I’m leaving now!” I screamed, grabbing my suitcases. Anne walked up to me and hugged me. Her co-worker, Fae, who was babysitting Anne, walked in. Fae was basically the only person who had met me and not freaked out.

“Bye. You have to text me, and call me, and visit me, but make sure you bring One Direction with you,” she said, smiling at the last part.

“Anne, you spent a whole week with them. Get over your obsession!” I screamed, shaking her shoulders.

“You’re right. They’re still hot, though.”

“What the heck does that have to do with anything? You can be totally normal around someone even if they’re hot!”

“Oh. I’ll try to be normal, but I’m Anne. I don’t think that’s possible.”

“Fine, but next time you see them be somewhat normal, or you’ll never see them again. I’ll make sure of it.”

“Ok! I promise I’ll be normal!” she screamed.

“Ok, bye. I’ll talk to you later.” I grabbed my stuff and walked out. Once I got outside of the building I hailed a cab and climbed in. A girl who looked like she was in her early twenties was driving the cab. “Take me to the airport.”

“Sure.” The cab driver turned around. She took one look at me and screamed.

“I’m guessing you’re a fan.” She simply nodded, trying not to scream. “Okay, if you get me to the airport before five I’ll sign something for you.” She nodded turned back around, and slammed on the gas pedal. I was slammed against the back seat.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This girl needs her license revoked. She got me to the airport that was thirty minutes away in fifteen minutes. She parked the cab in front of the airport and jumped out. She popped the trunk, grabbed my bags, and slammed the trunk. I got out, grabbed my stuff, and, as promised, signed her iPod. I ran into the airport. I was barely on time, so I rushed through security and made it on the plane in record time. Soon I would be seeing Harry. With that I fell asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are this week’s lyrics: “Never felt like this before-ore. Are we friends or are we more?” Remember, if you are the first person to comment the correct song, the next chapter of my book will be dedicated to you.