Chapter 8

“So, did you tell Harry?” Kylie questioned.

“No,” I said, only partially lying. “We are friends again, though.”

“Oh,” she said disappointedly.

“Anyway, one of my friends is going to come on tour with us for a while,” I said, changing the subject.

“Who?” she asked. For once she didn’t hound me with questions.

“Ashleigh. I told you about her once,” I said.

“Oh, yeah. When’s she getting here?” she said.

“She’s flying into the airport nearby today. I sent the boys to get her.” I replied, walking over to the kitchen with Kylie following.

“No!” she blurted.

“What?” I asked, looking at her quizzically.

“I just lost another game of tower stack on my phone,” she said, sadly.

I was too busy focusing on my phone to hear what she said. Harry and I had been texting nonstop since the boys left to pick Ashleigh up. We didn’t want anyone to find out about us. “That’s nice,” I said. I was wondering what Ashleigh would say when One Direction picked her up from her flight. She was a HUGE One Direction fan, and somehow she didn’t know I was Madison Hughes. She loved them all, but Louis was her favorite.

“Hello! I LOST another game of tower stack. Wait,” she said, looking at the phone in my hands. “Who’re you texting?” Oh no, I thought.

“Ashleigh,” I replied quickly.

“No you’re not. Who’re texting,” she said again, more forcefully.

I quickly switched my phone to fruit ninja and started playing. “I’m playing fruit ninja. I’m trying to beat your score and thought you’d be mad,” I lied, praying she’d believe me.

“Oh, okay,” she said, skipping into the bedroom after grabbing an apple. I grabbed a pear and texted Harry asking where they were. I walked back into the bedroom to find Kylie on the bed texting. I silently walked over to her bunk, stood on the bottom bed, and looked at her phone. She was too engrossed with her phone to notice me. I looked to see who she was texting and I fell, but not before I saw who she was texting.

“Omg!” I screamed, making her jump.

“What?” she screamed back, hiding her phone behind her back.

“You’re texting Zayn!” I screamed.

“So?” she replied, blushing.

“You two are dating!” I said, happily dancing around the room.

“No we’re not,” she said, trying to convince me. I stared at her. “Fine. I like him and he likes me. That’s it.” I stared at her some more. “Okay! We’re dating.” I kept dancing.

“Woo!” I screamed.

“Now, since you know about Zayn and I, what about you and Harry?” she asked. My phone buzzed just in time.

“Liam just texted me,” I said. “Ashleigh and the boys just got here.” We walked to the front of the bus, and I opened the door. All five boys ran inside and Ashleigh followed behind them. “Ashleigh!” I screamed, engulfing her in a hug.

“Omg! Hi!” she screamed back, hugging me. I grabbed her arm and pulled her away from the boys.

“Oh, Ashleigh, make sure you call me Madison around the boys and in public. They don’t know about my past,” I whispered.

“Okay. By the way, how come you didn’t tell me you were Madison Hughes, the famous opening act for One Direction?” she asked.

“I forgot you didn’t know. Anyway, you’re here now, and you know. So, what’d you do when you saw the boys at the airport?” I asked.

“I freaked out of course. I asked for their autographs, and then they asked me who I was. I told them I was Ashleigh and they said they were here to pick me up. I fangirled,” she ended.

“Of course you did,” I said, rolling my eyes. Everywhere I went I was surrounded by directioners. “Anyway, I’ll show you where to put your things,” I said, walking into the bedroom. I pointed at the empty bunk bed. “You can have the top or bottom.

“Okay, thanks,” she replied, putting her stuff on the bottom bunk. Kylie walked in.

“Hi,” Kylie said. “I’m Kylie.”

“Nice to meet you, Kylie. I’m Ashleigh,” she replied.

“Anyway, let’s go see what the boys are doing,” I said, walking into the living room. Of course, I thought. Louis and Niall were on their phones, and Liam, Zayn, and Harry were playing some game on the Xbox. “What’re we doing today?”

“Nothing. Tomorrow we have a show, and then we’re heading to Texas,” Liam replied.

“Okay,” I said, walking back into the bedroom. I lay down on my bed and decided to text Harry. I walked back out to the living room. “I’m going outside to get some fresh air,” I said. I opened the door and walked off of the bus and towards the local park. Ten minutes later Harry showed up. “Hey. I see you got my text.”

“Yeah. So, you think it’s time to tell the boys?” he said.

“Yeah, I can’t keep secrets from Kylie, but if I tell her she’ll tell Zayn, since they’re dating now and-” I said.

“Zayn and Kylie are dating?” he screamed.

“Oh, yeah. She told me while you were picking Ashleigh up,” I replied.

“Oh. Anyway, what do you want to do?” he asked.

“Let’s get something to eat,” I said, walking off.

“Okay,” he agreed, following me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Where have you two been?” Louis screamed sarcastically.

“We went to a park and then decided to grab something to eat,” I said.

“Okay. Did you bring me carrots?” he asked.

“They were out,” I said. I grabbed my phone and texted the boys, Ashleigh, and Kylie. I told them that Harry and I were dating now and waited. Kylie came running through the door and jumped on me, followed by Ashleigh. “Get off!”

“Finally!” Kylie screamed. “When did it happen?” All of the boys looked at her confused.

“Check your phones,” I said. “It happened last night, but we decided to keep it a secret.” The boys checked their phones and stared at me and Harry. “Please stop staring.”

“Okay,” they all chorused. Then they went back to whatever they were doing. I walked back into the bedroom and jumped onto my bed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of the boys decided to do something and ran off the bus before I could say bye. I went for a walk in the park and sat down on a bench. I played on my phone for a while and then I saw the boys. They hadn’t seen me yet, so I decided to be a “fan.” Before I could get to them they walked off, except for Zayn. I decided to hang back and watch him. Once the boys were away some random fan walked over to Zayn. I couldn’t hear them, so I took out my phone. I was too busy texting Kylie to pay attention to Zayn. Next thing I knew, Zayn was kissing her.