Chapter 13

This chapter is dedicated to @BeautyLiesWithinU because she won the lyrics contest from the last chapter. The lyrics were: “My body fails, I'm on my knees, praying,” from One Direction's song, “More Than This.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Anne, next time you decide to fall down a flight of stairs, please rethink your decision.” I was at the hospital, signing Anne out. The loopy gas was finally out of her system, but she apparently hates hospitals, so she was getting antsy.

“Hey, it's not my fault,” she retorted.

“Anne, you tried walking downstairs while reading a book and not paying any attention to the steps. It is your fault,” I said, rolling my eyes at her.

“Well, I guess when you put it that way, it is kind of my fault. But the book was so good, I couldn't stop reading it!” she said.

“Whatever. Let's just sign you out so we can leave. I don't want to take any chances with being recognized,” I said, quickly scribbling my old name on the paper and walking outside with Anne, who was having difficulties with her crutches. Right as we got outside I saw a girl start to stare at me. “Anne, I don't like how that girl is looking at us, let's go quickly.”

“Omg! It's Madison Hughes,” she screamed at the top of her lungs.

“Great,” I said, sarcastically. We opened the door to the limo, and quickly hopped in. After that girl's outburst, more and more girls were piling into the parking lot. Don't ask me why they were just randomly hanging out in a hospital parking lot, I don't know.

“Wow, you are really famous. My big sis is famous. That is so cool,” Anne said, starting to freak out.

“Yes, it's cool. Driver, can you take us to this address?” I asked, handing him a piece of paper with the address of the hotel on it. He nodded and started driving.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Wow, this place is huge,” Anne said, staring at the hotel room.

“Anne, this is really small compared to what the boys usually stay in,” I said, grabbing my suitcase. We would be staying here for a week, then Anne would be flying to New York and I would be flying back out to see the boys.

“Oh,” she said, hopping over to the couch and sitting down. I grabbed Anne's suit cases and took them into one of the four bedrooms. Then I went and grabbed my suit cases, taking them into another bedroom.

“Anne,” I started, walking back into the living room. “If I go down to the pool, will you be okay?”

“I'm not a kid. Yes, I'll be fine,” she said, rolling her eyes.

“Anne, you fell down a flight of stairs, I wanted to know if you would need help,” I replied, walking back into my bedroom. I grabbed my bathing suit and started getting ready.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hey.” I looked up to see a guy about my age sitting on the chair next to me.

“Hi,” I said, looking at him suspiciously.

“I'm Mason. You are?”

“Madison,” I answered cautiously.

“Ah, cool name,” he stated, nodding his head.

“Do you need something?” I said, trying to get rid of him.

“Actually, yes. My friends over there dared me to ask you out,” he said, pointing to a group of boys staring at us.

“Oh. Sorry, but I can't,” I said.

“Why?” he said. This guy just won't leave, I thought.

“I have a boyfriend,” I said, trying to get back to my book.

“You're just saying that to get me to leave you alone, aren't you?”

“No, I seriously have a boyfriend. If you don't trust me, let me call him,” I said snootily, getting my phone out and calling Harry's and putting my phone on speaker.

“Hello, this is Louis, the Tommo, Tomlinson. I am answering Harry's phone because Harry has been a bad boy and has gotten himself grounded. Can I take a messa-”

“Louis! Give me back my phone!”

“Harry! Get back in your room! I told you! Never steal my carrots! You are grounded!”

“Louis! You are not my mom! You do not have the authority to ground me!”

“Yes I do!”

“Says who?”

“Says me!”

“Give it now, or I will throw your carrots out the window!”

“Not my babies!” I heard the phone drop onto the floor and Louis, I suppose, run away.

“Hello. Who is this?” Harry asked calmly.

“It's Madison. I'm at the pool and this guy won't leave me alone,” I said, glaring at Mason. “Tell him I can't go on a date with him because I have a boyfriend.”

“Never mind,” Mason said, walking back over to his buddies. I turned off speaker phone, and put the phone up to my ear.

“So, how's Malibu?” Harry asked.

“It's nice,” I replied sadly. “I miss you.”

“I miss you, too. You could always come back early,” he suggested hopefully.

“Maybe I could fly with Anne to New York, find someone to watch her, and then fly back to you guys. Yeah, I'll do that. See you soon. By the way, don't tell anyone, I want it to be a surprise.”

“Okay. See you soon, bye,” he said happily, and then he hung the phone up.

I guess I should book a flight.