•Chapter 2•

~Hazel's~

I wake to my head being foggy and my memories in shreds.

It took me a while to get feeling back in my arms, but when I did, I knew it. The pain was shooting up my arms in waves, sometimes painless, sometimes brutal.

My eyes slowly came to terms with the dimly lit room.

I had no clue where I was.

The room consisted of a couch, a chair and a table. I could see a hallway, but nothing after that due to the darkness. It seemingly swallowed it up.

As I was looking around, I froze. Someone is watching me.

How did I get here? Where is here?

My heart rate doubled as I finally piece together my shredded memories into something that makes sense; I was kidnapped.

The pain in my arm, the exhaustion throughout my body, the panic in my veins; it all adds up.

And that person is watching me.

Maybe I am just imagining it? But if someone is there then I need out of here and fast.

I weigh my options; Run now or pretend to sleep.

They, whoever they are, already know I am awake.

Picking another option, I fix my eyes on the side of a light to make it seem like I am looking at it before slowly fluttering my eyes closed again.

Now, I pretend to sleep until the person leaves. At least I hope that's what happens.

I try to steady my breath and my beating heart to hopefully make my plan believable. That's kind of hard when I have no idea who or where the enemy is. I only have my gut instincts.

I hear steps being taken to me, making my heart rate spike up despite my efforts in trying to keep it in check.

The foot steps stop, allowing me to get a hold of my breath before I completely blow my cover.

Only when the foot steps start again and vanish from my hearing do I chance looking around for the exit.

Waiting an extra few moments, I finally try to move.

My arm screams in protest, but I ignore the pain and focus on getting up without making a sound.

I swing my legs off of the couch and jump to my feet, spotting the only door I can see, I slowly start walking to it.

When I am half way there, my blood runs cold as I hear the foot steps coming back, fast and a lot closer than I thought they would be.

I run for the door, not caring about being silent anymore.

I am a freaking idiot; of course the door is locked!

It wouldn't have mattered though, the foot steps that be longed to the person were now silent, and it wasn't because they were in another room.

A hand slammed against the door, keeping it closed just in case it wasn't locked.

The sound made a chill run down my spine as I thought the same exact thing that I did only hours ago; I am going to die.

"Turn around." Definitely a man, his voice was deep and demanding in tone.

I quickly turn and slam my hand into his nose.

He falls back for shock more than anything.

My hand throbs in pain from the impact, but I don't worry about it now. I kick him to the floor and move towards the window.