•Chapter 16•

<Hazel's>

It's been hours since Jason left; since he was reminded of his past. And since I saw him.

To say I'm worried would be an understatement. I've seen Jason when he was only annoyed, maybe even a little mad and it was scary. Or it should have been; he never could scare me after we both became friends.

It's safe to call us that, right? Friends? Because he is pretty much the only person in my life not lying to me. Well, give or take his brothers, but they are probably keeping somethings from me. They haven't known me as long as Jason.

And I'm a lot more comfortable around Jason.
After all, before we first moved hiding places, Jason and I would simply co-exist. We are used to each other being there when the other gets back or when we wake up. We are used to sitting in silence even in the same room. We are used to each other.

That also means that I am used to being left alone. But that doesn't mean it doesn't suck. And this sucks. So much.

How long does it take from him to sulk?

Guilt rushes through my veins as I push that selfish thought away.

He died and came back and all I can think about is my own loneliness.

I sigh and run my hands through my hair, the ends tangling together. Why is this all so crazy unbelievable?

"Miss Hazel?" I turn at Alfred's voice, my eyes locking with his worried ones.

My stomach tightens as I stand up, facing him completely. Jason.

"What happened?" I can't hide the panic from my voice, the look he is giving me is scaring me far more than Jason ever did.

"Miss Hazel, it's Master Jason." He pauses, his eyes studying me for saying, "He just arrived home."

I don't wait from him to explain anything else; I start run toward the house, abandoning my spot in the garden where I have been waiting for him for hours.

It's pitch black out, but I have only just noticed just how much time has passed; he has been gone for ten hours. Ten whole hours. Alfred's worried look.

Please be alive. Please be in the cave. Please.

I slam the door open, running at top speed through the kitchen and to the library. What was it? Was it a book? Or-

"Miss-" Alfred walks in panting, giving me another worried look, but he doesn't saying anything else after he sees my expression.

He silently walks over the the large grandfather clock and sets the time to 10:47. The clock suddenly opens to reveal the stair way.

I shoot Alfred a thankful look, but I can tell he is about to stop me as he says, "Miss-" His voice cuts off as I run down the stairs, leaving him behind.

"Took you long enough. Do you stop to make tea?" Jason's voice rings and echos through the cave, making me let out a sigh of relief.

When Alfred doesn't respond, he turns and looks at me before standing up all together when he realizes who it is.

We both freeze in our spots, giving me time too scan his body for injuries, which there are quite a few of.

"What the heck, Jason!?" I exclaim, while breathing heavily.

"You weren't- Alfred, I told you to get medicine. Not her." He says, sighing as Alfred walks calmly down the stairs, having given up on chasing me.

"I didn't tell her. She could tell. I was simply going to tell her that she should come into the house or she would come to a cold." He defends himself as he walks up to me, slightly forcing me to walk with him, closer to Jason.