•Chapter 42• (bonus)

<Hazel's>

I smile lightly as I watch Titus and Damian doing an obstacle course outside.

Taking a sip of my hot chocolate, I glance mischievously at Jason sitting beside me, a cup of hot chocolate in his own hand, while the other is clasped tightly in my own.

"We should get a dog," I state, and he immediately, releasing my hand.

And he just stares at me, trying to decipher if I actually want the dog or if I am playing around, him probably hoping the latter.

"Think about how cute it could be to have it running around the apartment." I continue, a smile on my face, convincing him I did actually want a dog.

"The only cute thing I'm allowing run around the apartment is our kid if we ever have one." He smirks with a small wink, knowing he has stopped this conversation when my face turns red.

He leans over and plants a kiss on my temple before dragging me up.

"Where are we going?" I question, willingly following either way.

He doesn't answer yet again, only dragging me up to his room and plopping down on the bed, dragging me down with him.

"Remember our little dare?" He says finally, looking up at me.

It takes me a second to remember what he is talking about, the library seems like a million years ago.

"Yes. Did you find something you think with convincing me?" I tease, a grin tugging on my lips.

"Oh yeah. I'm so going to win." He leans in slightly, teasingly, before taking a piece of paper out of his pocket and handing it to me.

I unfold it and scan the paper.

I was living before I met her. I was, I know I was. But everything is different now. I look at things differently, like my family and friends and the moments I have with her. I didn't know I could feel how I feel when I look at her. Everyone describes love in stories, but it's so much better to experience it first hand. Like how your heart skips a beat when she smiles at something you said, or how her hand always seems to find yours to leave a warm and tingling feeling along your skin, or how truly content you feel sitting in complete silence with her. And happiness becomes too much to contain like your heart is going to burst because of the stress because it's trying to hold all of the love for her.

How it feels to watch her scrunch up her nose, or how it feels to tuck a piece of hair out of the way for her or to see the joy in her eyes when something good happens.

How it feels when something bad happens. Like your heart us being emptied of all happiness and pain and fear moves in to replace it.

But even with the pain, the thought of seeing her smile again makes everything worth it.

I look up at him, biting my lip, my eyes a little watery.

"Who- what book is this from?" I mutter, walking his beautiful green eyes study mine with a small smile on his face.

Without saying anything, he flips the paper over, a small paragraph on the back.

Yes, love is a complex thing, Princess, but it can be described as the best thing, the best feeling ever. And it's the feeling I get when I think of you.

A small laugh escapes my lips before I press them to his, him smiling into the kiss.

I wrap my arms around his neck and rest my head against his when we pull away.

"I love you too." I whisper, our noses brushing together.

"You know, that was the reward I was hoping for." He mutters back before looking down at my mouth, placing a kiss on it and laying back, wrapping an arm around me as I rest my head on his chest.

I take his hand and lightly trace the curves and edges of it.

He doesn't move, his head resting against the headboard of the bed. I can feel his eyes on my movements though. Sometimes on my face, sometimes on our hands.

"My mom would have loved you," I say suddenly, making him fully turn his head, him needing to shift away before he can.

"What do you mean?" He questions, his voice full of different emotions.

"She would have loved you. She always thought that someone would come and sweep me off of my feet, and they would be perfect. She would have loved you because of everything you have done, and she would have loved to talk with you about art and books." My turn my head to look at him, my grip on his hand tightening slightly, "She would have loved you."

I imagine that this is what love is like; doing anything and nothing with the person, your person, and feeling like you just spent a whole day doing everything you love. Even when you didn't.

But it's not an image anymore. I know. I know this is what love feels like because it's exactly how Jason described it. My heart feels like it could burst at any minute, yet it feels so sweet and happy like I just want to stay here forever.

And maybe I will.

<~<~>~<~>~<~>
A/n:
Surprise, I'm back! You thought you could get rid of me!

This was a bonus I wanted to do bc it's not one of my books without a bonus, and you guys also asked about it and I was like heheheh yes. Sorry if it sucks tho, I tried to make it as fluffy and happy as possible

Questions:
What other fandoms/tv shows are you in?

Ask me stuff if you want.

ALSO IM LATE BY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!

🎉 You've finished reading dove in the darkness ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ⋘ jason todd ⋙ 🎉