•Chapter 4•

~Hazel's~

I wake up to the light dancing across my eyelids, and someone opening the window. A breeze runs through the apartment room as he does so.

My first instinct is to curl up using the blanket that was wrapped around me. And then I realized there was a blanket wrapped around me.

I open one eye to check out what is happening, but I don't see much, it was still dark out.

The light came from the street lamps. And the reason the light danced was because a certain someone was sneaking out of the apartment.

Well, not really sneaking out...he owns the place...does he realizes this?

I shake my head, blaming the tiredness for my inward talking.

My eyes fixate on the window where he made his get away. Is it even a get away if it's his own house?

Shouldn't I be the one that is an outsider? The one that doesn't fit in? The one that feels uncomfortable?

If that's right, then why am I cuddled up on his couch while he sneaks out every two hours to do who knows what?

"Even if you asked, I wouldn't tell you."

Even if he did trust me, he wouldn't tell me.

What was that?

I figure bolts up from the couch, slowly walking toward the window. I saw a pair eyes staring at me...but no eyes now.

The only thing I see is the street lights shining down and through the alley ways.

My fingers touched the cool window before they land on the latches, which is keeping the window shut. They pause there, my mind suddenly a lot clearer; if I do open this window, then it invites whatever was out there to come in here. Whoever.

Backing away, I quickly turn and make my way toward the room that my host has been hiding away in. Probably hiding from me.

My fingers, once again, press against the metal, leaving me surprised that the metal is actually still warm from his body heat. He did just leave after all.

I don't know what makes me stop. Maybe knowing that this is the one place he seems to really hide away from me. Knowing that this is his own private thing, the only thing I haven't invaded (but I was invited to invade).

Or, maybe, the warmth is what made me stop. Because it reminds me that he is human. He has a life, and he has secrets and it's his right to have them. And the only major part of him that I have seen is the cold and isolated side of him. But, the human side is there, and it's peaking through his mask.

And I am not going to get anywhere but on his bad side if I go sneaking around in his room.

I turn back and peak my head out of the narrow hallway, looking at the window.

I know I saw eyes, I just hope that it was friendly eyes and not I-am-going-to-kill-you eyes.

There isn't anything else out there, and I am not sure if that scares me or comforts me.

Well, either way, I feel better away from that stupid window.

My back sides down the wall, my arms curling around my legs to hug them to my chest.

I just need to wait until he comes back.

Speaking of, a loud thud tells me all I need to know.

I peak my head out from around the corner, my eyes meeting the figure of him.

"What-" I cut of as I see why he was coming in so ungrateful like,"You're bleeding."