•Chapter 6•

~Hazel's~

The light weight shifting over me is what wakes me.

I shift in my sleep, grabbing the blanket before falling back into unconsciousness.

Was that a snort?

I groan and swipe out with my hand to mute the noise.

"Hey!"

I open one of my eyes to find Jason holding his face.

"Oops." My eyes widen at his figure, which was looking at me in a not-so-happy way.

"Geez, what's up with you? I try to do something nice and it gets me a slap in the face."

I open my mouth to apologize, but he cuts me off,"No, this is the last time I try to be nice. It's decided. The world doesn't want me to be nice."

"Dramatic much?" I ask when he is done.

"Very." He winks at me before standing up again.

"Where are you going?" I ask before adding,"Never mind, I know you wouldn't tell me."

"I am going to watch Black Mask." He says as if he was just waiting to throw me off again.

"Do you do that on purpose?" I ask as I bolt up from my spot.

"What?" He asks with an innocent expression.

"Do the exact opposite of what I say."

"It's another hobby of mine." He shrugs before moving toward the window.

"Wait, you were serious?" I ask, now following him to the window.

"No, I am going out to get ice cream with this." He says sarcastically as he holds up his gun.

"No need to be rude."

"Whatever." He puts his gun away before he opens the window.

"Wait!" I say stopping him in his place halfway out the window.

He sighs,"What now?"

"Can I take a shower?" This still his house, I figure that I should ask him.

"I don't know, can you?" He looks me down and then adds,"I hope the answer is yes."

My cheeks heat up as I snap at him,"You are just mad that I slapped you in the face when I was asleep and you couldn't block it."

"Am not."

"Yes." I cross my arms over my chest.

"Whatever, just go take a shower. I will be back later." He sighs before slipping completely out the window, leaving me and my smelly hair alone.

I turn around and make a b-line to the bathroom that I had been using while I was here. I don't know if he has one in that room of his or not, so I always tried to leave everything the exact way I found it.

I quickly pick a folded towel and set it by the shower door before stripping down and getting into the shower.

The warm water runs across me, making me wish I was back in my own room.

I would spend hours in the shower if I could. It's a place where it's just you and your thoughts. It's one of the few places people don't interrupt your train of thought.

Once again, my thoughts go to my father. He must be worried. Has he even slept since I went missing? Has he eaten?

I always reminded him to eat and sleep. He gets too caught up in his cases sometimes and forgets to take care of himself.