•Chapter 3•

~Hazel's~

Taking his leave as a good thing, I started looking around.

He actually keeps the place very clean. I don't know that is because he is never home or he is actually a clean room type of guy.

It was a simple room. It seemed that the only things present in said room we the essentials to life; a couch, table and a wooden chair. No pictures on the gray, dull walls.

I go back, searching the bare walls and table for this that I didn't notice before. There were some good sized dints and holes in the walls, and some of the holes were, coincidentally, bullet sized. But one thing that I didn't notice made me stop all together.

The one huge thing that I didn't notice in my panic earlier was the medical equipment on the table next to me.

My blood runs cold as I am reminded of my arm, making my fingers immediately go down to fiddle with my sleeve before I actually get the courage to look at it.

The part of the sleeve that was almost cut in half was what was making me so hesitate in lifting up my shirt so I could check.

But when I checked the actual gash, I found it bandaged and, judging by the needle and string beside me, stitched.

A shudder runs through my spine as I realize just how serious this wound could have been if it didn't just graze me.

Questions swirled in my head as I question just who exactly saved me. He seems to have medical knowledge as well as being a scary accurate marks men.

Speaking of the devil, he came back faster than I thought, slipping in the window with a food bag in one hand and a gun in the other.

Does he not use doors?

Deciding not to actually voice all of my thoughts, I stayed silent, pressing myself into the corner of the couch. I mean, what are you supposed to say?

Hey, so I know that we don't know each other but you saved me and thats enough to build a long lasting friendship, so let's play bingo!

No.

I still don't even know where we both stand in this whole relationship;he is helping me, but he is also my kidnapper if I try to leave. And I am just a way for him to get back at Black Mask, whoever that is.

This isn't exactly a normal situation. At least I hope most people don't almost get killed and then saved by someone who kills more than the people who tried to kill me.

I guess he had the same thought, because he doesn't say anything as he sets the food down in front of me and walks straight out of the room.

If this is how it is always going to be, then I am going to go crazy.

Running a hand through my hair, I think about how worried my dad must be. He is going to be so livid when I come back.  I probably won't be allowed out of the house.

Maybe that wouldn't be a bad thing. He has to notice that I am not there, so maybe it will spend more time with me and less time stressing about his work.

And despite me wanting to help my father, I never did go back to the bar. I was to paranoid, and it did for a good reason. I knew he was bad news...I just didn't know how bad.

He walks back in, breaking my train of thought. I, honestly, am thankful. I don't want to think of what would have happened if I stayed in that bar. Or if he hadn't come.

But I don't know if my current situation is any better than yesterday's.

Was it even yesterday's? I don't even know the time.