•Chapter 21•

<Hazel's>

"Tim!" I shout catching the boys attention.

He jumps in his spot from the giant computer in the cave. "Hazel?" He questions as he turns to look at Jason and I.

"I need you to do something for me." I say, walking towards him, noticing that almost everyone is down here now instead of the kitchen.

"We all came down here after we heard Jason shouting. We thought y'all were fighting and needed privacy..." He whispers when we are closer before his eyes drift to our intertwined hands. "Guess you guys weren't fighting after all."

My cheek heat up as I realize he is getting a completely wrong idea. I drop Jason's hand and take the card from him to give to Tim. "Here. I need you to run a fingerprint analysis on this."

Tim takes the card with slight wonder before reading it and scoffing, "Black Mask isn't stupid enough to leave his finger print."

"But the messenger was. He didn't have any gloves on or anything." I say, causing multiple eyes to find me.

"What?" Bruce questions, causing me to wave it off.

"It's fine, just do this and ask questions later." I order, causing Tim to turn and start scanning the card.

Sure enough, a picture pops up onto the screen of a man most likely in his late forties. His face was unevenly tanned and he had little to no hair what so ever, including his head.

"That's him!" I say, nudging Tim in the shoulder, "Now, can you find him in the city by hacking all public camera feeds?"

He turns and gives me a strange look, causing me to second guess myself before he says, "Well duh."

I roll my eyes and watch as a lot of codes spring onto the screen, Tim typing furiously to keep up.

After a few seconds, he starts scanning the multiple screens that popped up for the man.

"So mind telling us-"

"There!" I cut Barbara off as I point at the man that I ran into when I left. Well, it wasn't exactly running into; he found me- or was waiting for me- I don't really know.

"Well, looks like someone already got to him, Jay." Tim says as he clicks on the video of the man. The most noticeable feature on his face now is a black eye and crooked nose to match.

I immediately feel Jason's stare on me as he lets out a humored laugh, "That's how you bruised your knuckles, Princess?"

"Well-" I mutter looking away as I rub the back of my neck,"- when he tapped on the window, I kind of kicked the door open and hit his eye... and then I punched him in the nose."

"I'm not surprised. You guys should have seen her in that self-defense class." Barbara says sending me a wink.

I give her a slight smile before I look back to the computer and then to Jason, "What do you think?"

"Let's go." He nods without any thought to it as if even questioning if he was going was a stupid question.

"Great, lets take the motorcycle." I say, already heading to it, causing Jason to mutter something under his breath.

"What if something goes wrong?" Tim questions as he turns his seat to look at us leading toward his motorcycle.

"Then it's going according to my plan." Jason says loudly with a proud smile on this face.

"She isn't certified to go out the way we do." Bruce states before Jason could even take another step.

"She isn't certified by you."