•Chapter 37•

"He'd trade his guns for love, but he's caught in the crossfire."
~ Stephen

<Jason's>

My hands grip my bike as I push through traffic, people honking left and right at me, but I don't care. What I do care about is back at the mansion with a bruised wrist that I gave her and a messed up relationship with me because I was stupid enough to believe I couldn't ruin it anymore than I already had.

Guess who was wrong.

My jaw clenches as I look through the alleyways, looking for someone new to punch, my hands already covered in red. But it's not mine.

I glare at a red traffic light before speeding up and crossing anyways, almost hitting two cars in the process. But I don't care.

She is never going to look at me the same way. I sigh out angrily. What did I do?

I messed up. That's what I did. And now she is going to try to stay away from me for as long as physically possible.

And I don't blame her.

I hurt her. I said screw it and tried to kiss her. I messed up.

Ice fills my veins as my eyes spit a dark figure in an alleyway. Cliche.

Quickly swerving, I narrowly manage to pull in front of a car before slamming the gas, heading straight at the figure.

And he doesn't even flinch.

My eyes narrow into his figure before I stop the bike and get off, swinging my leg over the side.

"Out for a morning stroll? I hear alleys are a highlight for Gotham." I comment cooly.

He slowly starts to chuckle at my words, making annoyance boil inside of me. Really not the best time, buddy.

"You are already losing it without her, aren't you?"

My body goes tense as his words repeat in my mind. "Who?" Is all I manage to spit out.

If he means-

"The fiery, short brunette." He says with a wide smirk, making his face even uglier than it already was. "The one that can pack a punch."

Before I even realized I had moved, I was pushing him into the brick wall, my hand really to throw my own punch.

"What are you talking about?" I demand, my jaw working as I glare at the man, his shirt bunched up in my other hand.

He only laughs, which causes my blood to boil as I slam him against the wall, his head hitting the brick.

He curses out as he turns his glare on me before he starts smirking again. "She was easy to get, you know."

My fist smashes into his jaw making a loud crack sound through the air as his head whips to the side and he spits up red.

When he looks back to me, he smiles, blood smeared on his teeth before he says, "All we had to do is say that we had you and she came willingly." He starts to chuckle when he sees me flatter before I punch him again and my other hand flies to his neck and I squeeze down.

"What are you saying?" I shout, my ears ringing as I picture Hazel going anywhere near this creep.

He smiles again, enjoying the fact that I am so angry before he sneers, "She is a pretty one. But her judgement is a little off. Black will deal with that though."

Red clouds my vision as I throw him to the floor like a ragdoll and point a gun at his head.

"Now, now, don't you want to know how you can get her back?" His eyes flash dangerously as he looks at the gun then to me. "After all, there is a chance you can save her."