•Chapter 5•

~Hazel's~

Staring at the back of his head really wasn't the way I expected to ever wake up, but it did give me more time to try to figure out what exactly changed within the last few days.

I know I was being a little pushy, but I didn't think it would actually change anything. Especially not enough for him to actually tell me his name.

My ears zone in on his breathing as my eyes watch him slowly inhale and exhale. His wound was now covered up, along with the rest of his back, due to the blanket I found and laid on him last night.

I am thankful for it now, it makes staring at him less weird. But not by much.

Deciding that I have done enough staring, I slowly get up into a sitting position.

He stirs in his sleep, causing me to freeze.

In all honestly, I didn't really think this out. I didn't have a plan for what to do when I actually sit up.

What was I going to do? Make waffles?

This isn't exactly my house. I just found the kitchen yesterday.

Thankfully, or not, he wakes up, his body turning over to look at me.

"Sorry, I woke you up." I say, trying not to meet his eyes, which are making it incredibly hard.

"It would have happened at some point." He says, running his hand through his hair, making it even messier than it already was.

He stands up and stretches, making me look away as he doesn't exactly have a shirt on.

"So, I am guessing that you aren't going to go do whatever you do out there." I nod toward the window, sunlight now shining through, making even the dark room look alive.

"Actually, yes. I'm going out." He answers, causing me to immediately pester him.

"You can't, you literally just got stabbed in the back." Now standing up, I force him to turn around,"You will rip your stitches and hurt yourse-..." I gently run my hand across the wound, which now seemed as bad as I thought any of the others on his abdomen were. Even with the stitches, it seemed that I was ready to heal all by it's self.

I slowly take a step away from him as his back muscles tense.

"That's-that's not right. You shouldn't be healed. You should still find it hard to even walk." The back of my knees hit the couch, making me almost fall back as he turned around.

"Well, I am. So, I am going out." He studies my face, waiting for the questions to start falling out of my mouth.

So, I let the one very important one slip out."How are you healed?"

"It's a long story. One I don't have time, or patience to tell." He says, his tone annoyed, but his eyes holding a completely different emotion; pain.

I wonder if they always did that, every time he spoke to me with his helmet on.

"Please. I am sorry, I have tried to be patient and give you your space just like you have for me, but I need this answer just like you needed my to tell you want happened the first day I was brought here. " I breathe put through my teeth,"Are you like-do you have superpowers? Is that it?"