•Chapter 14•

<Hazel's>

"Listen, I don't have anything else to give you so jus-!" The familiar voice of my father shouts before the door swings open. The stops in his tracks as soon as his eyes find mine, "Hazel? Hazel!"

He quickly pulls me into a hug, one I can't help but return.

We stay like that for a few moments, him smoothing down my hair as he mutters things like, "I thought you were gone." And, "I thought I would never see you again."

I break away first hugging myself as I look away from his eyes.

He notices my discomfort immediately, "What's wrong, honey? And who is this?" His gaze shifts too an uncomfortable looking Jason.

"He is-"

"My name is Jake." He says cutting me off, sending me a look.

I quickly recover as I say, "Can we come in?"

My dad immediately moves aside, letting us in.

The room was completely different from what I had left it as. There was trash everywhere from toilet paper to empty pizza boxes. Pillows were scattered around the room without a reason, and the tables were full of papers that spilled out onto the floor.

He was a complete wreak.

"Hazel, honey, where have you been?" He questions still behind me as I stare at the papers on the table.

"Safe." I finally say as I turn to him.

"What do you mean?" Concern flashes onto his face as he studies me.

"What's our last name?" I question not looking at him.

"What?"

"What is our last name?" I say, each word louder than the last as I finally look up at him, his eyes filling with shock and guilt.

"Williams. It's always been Williams... are you okay?" He questions again as if he didn't just lie to me.

My chest tightens as I let out a breath. "What about Sionis? What about your brother?"

He freezes, visibly tensing as he stares at me with wide eyes, his mouth gaping.

That is until he starts firing questions left and right, "Where have you really been?" His voice is harsh this time, surprising me as he continues, "Do you think this is a game? A joke?"

"What?" It was my turn to be confused. How on earth would I think this was even remotely funny?

"You. It has something to do with you." He concurs on his own, turning on Jason who was silently watching beside me.

"He didn't do anythin-"

"So you a just happen to pick up a boy while you are missing? How stupid do you think I am?" He lashes out on me, "Were you even missing? Or did you just like the attention?"

"Don't talk to her like that." Jason says, taking as step toward my dad.

"Or what? I'm her father and as far as I'm concerned, you are nothing." Dad hisses in response, glaring daggers at Jason.