•Chapter 25•

<Hazel's>

My eyes opened before my brain started to work, which means that I came face to face with the back of Jason's head before I realized who he was. It was only after this that my brain started working and the first thing I remembered was calling myself an idiot to which I got slightly offended to. The next thing was why I was an idiot; I completely just let a drunk Jason sleep right next to me.

And that next thing caused me to completely roll off the bed and smack my butt on the hardwood floor.

I scrunch my eyes as I clench my teeth; ouch. As much as I want to complain about my rear end hurting, I hold it all in because Jason totally heard all of that and shifted as if he were waking up.

My eyes widen as I watch the bed, before I roll underneath it and pretend I am not in this situation.

Not that this is a bad situation, but I honestly need more time to wrap my head around everything that happened, including why I didn't just sleep on the floor in the first place.

I hold my breath as the bed dips and Jason's legs swing off the side, right by my face. He mutters a few curse words before practically bolting out of the room all while closing the door very gently.

Well that wasn't exactly what I expected, but I'm glad we both had the same natural response... I guess?

I sigh, laying my head against the cold floor before looking up and coming face to face with Jason. A picture of Jason. Thank goodness it isn't actually him, but it scared me all the same. 

A small smile cracks onto my face as I lean up to grab the picture, causing my head to hit the bed. I groan and roll out, rubbing my head and looking around the room to make sure the coast is clear before grabbing the box and pictures and pulling them out.

The picture was of Jason smiling widely while reading a book to Bruce, who was actually sporting his own smile, surprising me.

Why would this be under a bed in a spare bedroom?

I set the picture aside as pull out a few small trophies for academics, before I stop at a picture frame of Alfred and Jason. Jason clearly took the picture; Alfred was cleaning something in the background, his face seemly red and Jason was smiling cheekily into the camera. But that isn't what caught my eye. What caught my eye was the picture hanging on the wall in the room, the one of the four seasons.Why? Because it's the same one hanging up in the very room I am sitting in right now.

This is Jason's old room. It isn't a spare. And he is living in the spare now, but why?

I look down at the other things in his boxes before I put everything back. He must have packed this stuff up and I may not know why I have this room now, but I can bet I know why he doesn't live here anymore; he doesn't want to be reminded of his past.

My chest aches slightly at that thought, causing me to think over every cryptic thing he has ever said to me. He had a hard life, and he looks at his "death" as his death. He doesn't think he is living or worth anyone's time when he is one of the most caring people I have ever met.

I sigh and run my hands through my hair before dusting the nonexistent dirt off of my pants.

I turn and go into my- Jason's old closet and pick out a shirt and jeans that Jason took from my house before I go into his old bathroom and brush my teeth and hair.

Closing the door to the bathroom, I look around before my eyes settle on the door and the horrific truth settles into my brain; I have to actually talk to Jason today and he will most likely remember some part of last night.