Chapter 2 ✅

Chapter 2 "This Easton Character"

Alden, Jamey, and I hopped out of the car and grabbed our luggage from the trunk. Alden had biceps unlike us and was stronger than any of us so he carried the heavy bags. We only had one wheeler and others were simply shoulder bags with one long strap. Packing for six months should be a lot of baggage but not for us.

The guy standing ahead was a Valet and asked for our car keys saying, he'd park our Honda correctly. Seemed like Alden had parked outside of a white line or something.

Seriously?

I chuckled while Alden growled but, eventually let go of the keys. I moved behind Jamey and Alden, slowly walking towards the unknown. Tabby linked her arm with mine and seemed unable to walk without springs in her feet.

I shook my head at her giddiness. She'd always been the chilled out one between the two of us. Her beautiful hair swayed with her jumpy steps as we reached the white double doors and rang the bell.

"You should've worn nicer clothes, and maybe should once in a while try to use the comb-- see what magic it does." Tabby jabbed, gazing at me up and down with distaste shining in her eyes.

I rolled my eyes-- knowing she only meant well for me.

I was fine-- or at least I thought I was until I saw this place. People here might look like they belonged in a magazine or something whereas I was wearing a black tank top under the red and white checkered open shirt, black army pants, and my favorite brown combat boots. My hair was lazily made in a messy bun on top of my head with dark long curly strands falling down on either side of my face. And I'd never wore makeup-- like ever.

Whereas Tabby was the opposite of me. She was wearing a V-neck fitted plain grey t-shirt which she'd tucked in her black short skirt that somehow reached the middle of her thighs. Her shining wavy long blonde hair were parted side ways and left loose, and her makeup was flawless.

She really did look gorgeous but that didn't make me wish to look like her.

I liked the way I was. I was comfortable in my own skin and she'd never understood why I always preferred boots over heels.

It was just not my thing.

I shrugged at her and the door opened, saving me from explaining her for the last time that I wouldn't want to change myself for anyone-- even for the posh people living here.

A picture perfect middle aged lady wearing beautiful knee length floral printed dress with black high heels stood before us. She grinned and nodded, speaking in a very polite tone, "You all must be The Rhodes. The most awaited guests, huh. C'mon guys, hustle in."

She ushered us inside and shut the door behind her. Giving us all which I guessed was her famous smile, she led us into a huge living room and asked us to make ourselves comfortable. I was awe-struck at the beauty of the house just like Tabby whose jaw was hanging ajar and fingers frantically typing at her phone, probably giving a vivid detail of the high white walls, carved ceilings, huge golden chandelier, and the beautiful paintings lining the walls. And don't forget the gigantic spiraling staircase.

The couch was extra mushy, I felt like I would fall into it or something. It was mahogany colored and the dark brown legged glass coffee table was sitting in front of us with fresh flowers set in a light blue stained glass vase sitting in the center of the table. I didn't even know what those shining beautiful flowers were called.

We introduced ourselves to her and she grinned, nodding and quietly listening to us. It almost seemed like she was genuinely happy to see us. Then she walked away to get us some drinks but stopped in the middle of the hallway and glanced back at us. Her golden blond hair were neatly made in a bun and that red lipstick highlighted her dark gold features.