Chapter 11 ✅

Chapter Eleven- Die or blurt it out

'This day couldn't get any worse.' I had thought that at lunch and now I was regretting it because, it seemed as if I challenged my luck.

Because damn!

It can retaliate.

My sixth period which was English and something I was truly interested in, was with Easton and Jeanette and Elliot and guess who?

Not Ms. Barbie!

Alden.

Apparently, we all had taken AP English and now I wished I hadn't.

The air in the room became so thick and wrapped around my neck squeezing all the oxygen out of my system. I swear I could hear my lungs screaming in my ears to get out of there.

"So, as I was saying," Ms. Fletcher-- the beautiful woman in her mid twenties, wearing a fluffy and beige colored button down shirt which was neatly tucked in her high waist slim fit black trousers-- smiled around the room at everyone. Her dark blonde hair were made in a messy bun, which to me appeared as if it took days to get that perfect look. She was wearing light makeup and a nude lipstick.

Actually, this was only the class where boys were twenty percent more than the girls. And most of them occupied the front seats, which made us sit in the back because we were all late.

Earlier when I had stepped through, I saw Elliot who beamed when our eyes met and waved me over to him. I was relieved to find a nice face for a change but just when I sat down beside him, Jeanette and Easton came through. Easton was so not happy to see me and if eyes could kill I would be dead by now. Poof! Pool of ashes. During the first twenty minutes, I felt him glancing at me and he was probably thinking of different ways to torture and murder me in his head.

I couldn't understand what got him so riled up before. I meant... it wasn't like we stole the car or anything. Linda loaned it to us for a day. He didn't have to act so--

I was finally going to take a breath when Alden entered.

Both me and Jeanette paled and stiffened at his site. So not going to work.

Hilarious, how karma stabs you in the back with the longest knife of the universe.

I was barely able to hold the secret in me. It was almost killing me to keep this inside. It's not like I wanted to yell and tell everyone. Just Easton. She had intentionally or not kinda cheated on him with my brother and now with all of them around me, I was going to either die or blurt it out.

Alden's eyes found mine and when he was close enough he realized who all sat around me. He was about to turn around-- smart move on his behalf but Elliot stopped him.

"Hey, man! Come and sit with us. We don't bite." No one laughed or even blinked. And I think Jeanette and I didn't even breathe.

Suddenly, my hands felt very interesting to look at when I felt Jeanette ever so slightly scoot closer to me. The only seat empty around us was beside Jeanette. Wow. This was getting better and better. Why did this class had to have so many students and all the desks so close to each other?!

So you see why I was going to die. Because, blurting would mean stabbing my brother and I wouldn't do that. Why did I choose Advance classes? Mrs. Holloway; our principal, had added a few extra credit classes along with these AP ones. Hence joining a club was important for me which led me to say yes to Hannah. The more the credit the higher the chance of me graduating this year with Alden. I always had a good GPA so it wasn't hard to persuade Mrs. Holloway to give me a chance. But being with them in the same room was going to ruin my chances.