Chapter 31

Chapter Thirty One- No more secrets

7 days completed.

One more week have passed. In total two since the night of Easton's confession.

"Hannah, I'm sorry but I think I can do this anymore."

She stopped chewing on her food and grimaced, "What? why? I thought we were tight. You know."

I shrugged, feeling anger. "No, I don't. I think you just want to get a piece of my brother and you're using me." I grabbed my bag from the floor and stood to leave when she out of nowhere three her coke at me, drenching me in it.

Seriously?

She cursed at me and stomped off. I deserved it. I shouldn't have said that. UGH!!!

What is wrong with me?

I pinched the front of my white tank top away from my skin and walked out of the cafeteria, letting everyone stare and talk behind me. I was just used to it by now.

I was agitated and angry all the time. This wasn't me. I was losing myself.

I strode to the nearest bathroom and cleaned myself. I removed the tank top and buttoned up the shirt I had kept open before. Layers always came handy. I brushed off and tied my curly hair up on my head, splashing some cold water on my face.

What stared at me were my freckles and then what he said--- No. I have to stop. I didn't know where Jeanette and he stood. I have seen them together but anyone could tell that something was off about them. He haven't tried talking to me or even fight. I missed him. I missed our banter.

I shut my eyes, heaving a deep breath.

"Okay. I'm going to ignore him. Not think about him." I made a weak promise to myself.

I didn't even realize when Photography class became my solace. I strolled inside the dark room and gazed at all the pictures I clicked and hung. Professor said, I was really good at it. I still didn't believe him. If only mom was here to guide me. She knew exactly what she wanted and how. Not me. I was a mess.

Alden's text sent my heart spiraling. 'I need to talk to you.'

'Okay, coming.'

I went to his building, towards the homeroom he told me but stopped dead in my tracks when I reached the threshold, door was wide open. Anger burst all around me and I swear I saw red. Alden's hands in her hair, his mouth covering hers, and her hands all over him.

A tear rolled down my cheek. "Jeanette." My voice broke.

They stumbled back, almost falling to the floor. She wiped her mouth, her eyes wide and horrified. My brother ran a hand through his hair, cursing and yelling.

He took a step towards me but I stepped back, raising my hand. Tears making their fall, "I hate you. Again? I hate both of you for doing this to him. I hate you... I can't say a word again. I hate..." I ran but bumped into a wall I knew all too well by now.

His arms wrapped around me and held me to him. His heart wild and crazy against my ear. He pushed me behind him, without taking his eyes off of Alden and Jeanette. Did he see? Everything? Why didn't I feel bad? Why did it felt so relieving to me?

With long few strides Easton pounced on Alden and the fight broke out. Jeanette screamed for Easton to stop. I should do something too but... Who was I suppose to stop?

Jeannette ran to me and begged me to help her break off the fight. I did. I grabbed Alden and tried dragging him away from Easton while she did the same. I screamed for them to stop, "WE ALL WILL BE EXPELLED!  PLEASE STOP."