Chapter 7 ✅

Chapter Seven- Drag or Street?

A knock on the door snapped me out of my hurting head and I swiftly swiped at my tears. I pulled away the comforter and jumped off the bed to open the damn door, knowing it was either Alden or Tabby.

But when I opened the door, there was no one. I glanced around stepping forward when my foot bumped with something. Wincing, I glanced down at a tray. Omelet and toasts were sitting there along with a full glass of orange juice, staring up at me. I looked to my right and then left. Nothing. Not a person or a sound.

It couldn't be my siblings since none of them knew how to cook. And I'd seen Jeanette and Elliot leave the house about twenty minutes ago.

I picked the tray up with my uninjured hand and shut the door. The food was still hot, so I knew that it couldn't have been made twenty minutes ago. And then why would they leave it down there on the grou--

Oh my god!

Easton made this?

He made me breakfast?!!

A fuzzy feeling filled my stomach but then it immediately vanished when his words from this morning rang in my head.

Was my pancakes that awful that he had to throw them all in the trash? I didn't even get a chance to have a taste of them. He's awful. I hate him. I started to throw the food in the trash when my stomach cried out, growling. I was starving.

There was something in his voice and in those dark turquoise eyes which told me the anger wasn't really directed at me. It came from somewhere else. He seemed far off, his gaze shut off to another world.

I sighed and took a huge bite of the butter toast.

Damn! I was famished.

I finished off the meal so quick that I almost had it coming back up my throat. Though, I washed it all down with the juice and relaxed when my whole body hummed in satisfying burp.

Soon enough my eyes were getting heavy so I decided to take a nap, my hand was hurting like a bitch and I didn't have anything to distract myself from the pain. Napping seemed good at the moment.

Sometime later Tabby came to check on me. We talked for a while and rushed to the balcony-- well I rushed-- because I heard the most beautiful sound of the roaring engine. My heart jumped in my throat and I bent over the railing to get a good look at the car.

Tabby grabbed the back of my t-shirt and rolled her eyes. "Are you trying to kill yourself?"

I grinned, ear to ear, "Did you hear that?"

She strained her ears trying to listen but was oblivious to that beautiful roaring down somewhere.

"What is it?" She asked, gazing around, slightly intrigued.

I glanced back down while she still held the back of my t-shirt making sure I wouldn't fall-- even though her grip was way too lazy.

I only saw a blur glimpse of breathtaking cherry color. And it was enough to undo me. "That car! Damn! I guess I missed it. It must be at the front of the house." I complained, pouting.

And only then it dawned on me that I was clutching the bar railing with both my hands. Mother of all holy things!!

I winced, jumping back and whimpered out loud at the sting which pierced through my whole hand. "Ow!"

Tabby smiled, her eyes teasing. "I don't get you. Cars over clothes. Boots over heels. You're definitely not from my planet, sis."

I chuckled-cried, as we walked back inside the room. She was damn right about that."Definitely not. But, who was that?"